Chapter Ten: SoulMates

(Large time skips fornow on because I have a certain age for them to be at by the end of this book.)

Error's POV:

It's been 5 days since Ink and Dream's 234th birthday. I watched the teens play Uno in the meadow as I sat beside Nightmare. I purred softly, cuddling into my boyfriend's chest. I looked confused when I felt my SOUL come out. It was a summer green with white whips. Nightmare's SOUL was summoned aswell, a beuatiful mixture of purple, light blue, and white.

Ink and Dream were now staring at our Souls, just like Nighty, and I were. Out of nowhere, two lines wrapped around our Souls. It wasn't formed enough to know the color. As the lines grew more solid, they started to form to each other. Eventually, they link and and showed a ruby red. The teens were making their way over to us as I looked to Nightmare. He was looking at the string.

"A Soulmate string..." He whispered in awe.

I giggled as I watched him. Nightmare looks at me, smiling widely before pulling me into a kiss. I kissed back before we seprated. Ink and Dream were looking at our Souls curiously.

"What Does the string mean?" Ink asked.

"It means we're Soulmates." I said happily, leaning on Nightmare's shoulder.

"Oh! Like in books? Where you're born with a Soulmate?" Dream asked excitedly.

"Not exactly." Nightmare shook his head. "You Aren't born with a Soulmate. If you're dating someone or are friends with them, then you can end up with a Soulmate bond. It doesn't even have to be romantic or if you don't get one it doesn't mean you both don't love each other. It is common for people to have one though if all parties do love each other. If you somehow don't have a soul or if your soulmate bond was broken by the same person it won't form." Nightmare explained, our Souls retreating back into us with the string.

"How Could a Soulmate bond break?" Ink wondered.

"If One or both of them fall out of love, if somebody cheats willingly, or death." I hummed, smiling as Nightmare wrapped his arm around me.