Chapter Four: Broken Soul

Error's POV:

It is the day after my 8th birthday and second week since I've become broken. I was watching the stars when I heard footsteps. I looked around to see a white boned skeleton wearing a purple tunic, black pants, and purple boots standing at the edge of the clearing.

"Hello?" He says.

"Hi." I hum, sitting up.

"I'm Nightmare, you are?" He asks, coming over and sitting by me.

"Error." I respond.

"So What are you up to?" Nightmare questioned. I shrugged.

"Watching The stars. It's the only thing that's always been there for me." I answered.

"Your Parents don't care about you either?" Nightmare asked.

"I never met my father, but my mother feels nothing for me." I said.

"Guess For deities, if your child isn't like you they don't give to cares." Nightmare chuckled darkly. I hum.

"Guess So," I agreed. We watched the starts until I thought of an idea.

"Hey, do you want to see something?" I wondered. He looked at me surprised.

"Sure." He smiled. I got up and stretched out my wings. I knelt down and turned to him.

"Hop on." I said.

He got onto my back. I soared into the air. I began to fly above the tree's, looking up to see Nightmare's face of wonder. I gave a small smile.

"It's amazing up here..." Nightmare gasped.

"Yeah. It's better in the summer through. The wind feels best then." I chuckled, making him giggle.

"Can you do any tricks?" He asked star eyed. I hummed before thinking of an idea.

"I Can do this!" I exclaimed before diving back into the trees.

He yelped as I let go and did an air backflip, then grabbing his hands. I flew close enough to the water so his feet could drag across it. He began laughing. I soon joined. I set him down by the river a few mintue later and led him back to the clearing.

"That was awesome!" He cheered as I landed.

I giggled at his response. We spent the night watching the stars in the clearing before falling asleep by each other's side.