Chapter Three: A Different Kind of Magic

Error watched his mother work by the fireplace, slowly falling asleep. He entered the room, heading towards the pile of wood. Error picked up some pieces of wood and threw them into the fire. He looked over to his mother and saw her relax a little, making him smile. He grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around her shoulders as she fell asleep.

"Love you mama." Error whispered as he left the room to practice magic. He got no reply.

Error snuck out of the house and walked across the cold grass, relaxing in fall weather around him. He began to hum a soft tune as he stepped into a clearing. All at once, everything changed. Ruby wings were on his back, 5 screens in front of him, a blank being of magic stood 5 feet away, and a sword much like Misprint's sword was hovering behind him. He smirked as he outstretched his hand, making a screen fly over to it.

"Change to Destiny Butterfly Retribution." He stated. The blank being formed into his mother.

"Destiny Butterfly Retribution. Stats, Health, 503. Magic Points, 938. Defense, 9. Attack Damage: 384. *Loves her sister, mother, father, and Soul Mate." The screen read aloud as the others faded away.

"How Does she feel about her son Error Karamic Retribution?" The words escaped the 7, nearly 8-year-old's mouth before he could stop them. Weeks of anxious thoughts of what it would be, all building up as he waited.

"Destiny Butterfly Retribution feels... Nothing for Error Karamic Retribution." The screen read aloud. 

Just by a 9 word sentence caused Error's entire world to come crumbling down. His own mother felt nothing for him... One of the two he has ever seen feels nothing for her own DNA.

Something inside of Error broke at those words. His shocked filled face slowly rested into one of netrual as his entire world broke. He sighed and dismissed everything but his wings. 

The child jumped into the air and flew high, unknown to him another skeleton caught sight of him from yards away. Once Error was near the clouds, Error folded his wings and began to fall to the ground. The skeleton gasped in shock as the skeleton began to plummet. Right before hitting the tree's, Error spread his wings and gently flew above them. The skeleton saw this and relaxed, making a note to visit later.

Error dived into another clearing, one with a river. He boredly flew close to the water, his feet touching the definition of wet. Normally this would make Error happy but... what's the point anymore? He's broken now. All Error could think as he returned home was on how his mother didn't love him.