III

Now Noir understood why Anastasia couldn't use the mirror that she inherited from her mother, actually it wasn't just any mirror it was one of the strongest magical artifact that existed in the world, the Hikarinokagami.

It allows it's wielder to transform into a heavenly ranked armour and obtain tremendous power yet it also drains the wielder's lifespan. The Hikarinokagami only chooses the purest souls.

If it will get into the hands of that light mage it will be a big problem.

Noir slowly walked towards his master, Anastasia gave him a big bright smile
"Hmmm, this Minotaur is actually ranked as Epic, usually beasts with this rank are intelligent it has probably starved until it lost its mind because this forest are only filled with high leveled beasts"

To actually feel the prowess of beasts that were scattered in this vast forest means that Anastasia's senses are high.
"But master were here to test the your magic not your physical strength" Noir confiscated Anastasia's swords.

Anastasia awkwardly gave a smile.

"ton ýpno tou thanátou" Anastasia said in a gentle voice yet the power that was surrounding her was very fierce causing the beast in front of her to faint.

"I did it!" Anastasia was very happy that she could go crazy.

Noir looked at his mistress jumping around the sleeping beast like a little child. The spell she casted earlier meant to put sleep to the opponent, sleep that is equivalent to death.

Anastasia practiced until her mana completely ran out. This continued for days until the test in the Academy finally finished.

The results are of course the strongest students ranked the test with amazing scores. And of course there are prizes and the Polemistés Academy was generous enough to distribute valuable items to the students that reached the top three.

Everything was back to normal, boring class, Jasmine bragging non stop and with her little minions tailing her like a dog and of course annoying Travis and Hunter and this time they brought a little friend.

Even though Silver was defeated by Hunter he was still able to get the third rank in the intermediate I level. Hunter was able to get the second rank and surprisingly Travis ranked first but his face was that of a dehydrated fish.

"The truth is I was just able to get the first rank was because these two guys had been paired up with the strong ones and I was paired up with the weakest participants and when I was finally about to battle these two they had all their energy drained out" Travis spoke exaggeratingly.

Anastasia doesn't know what to say her mind was in turmoil, these past few days she feels like her soul being sucked out of her body (tired) , she was very tired and she barely get any rest.

Silver was looking at Anastasia with his measuring gaze: lazy, tired, disheveled and face filled with eye bags and messy hair. A hundred percent idiot like the red hair boy.

Silver was busy with finding teammates for the 'Hunting Season' is where intermediate students would go into the Death Valley to collect beast cores as much as many as they can. It's also normal for him to criticize people, it's in his daily basis.

After lunch the classes resumed, everyone in Anastasia's class were listening carefully.

"You guys have already reached the age where you can already be recognized as adults, the Academy has also granted you to chose your own contracted beasts. Beasts are ranked into 9 different classes: Common, Rare, Very Rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythic, Heroic, Immortal and Heavenly Realm. The classes of your contracted beast depends on your capabilities" the teacher patiently discussed.

Everyone seems so hyped and excited to finally be able to get their contract beasts.

After classes Anastasia went into her room and sat in her bed in a lotus position to gathered mana under the instructions of Noir.

-5 months later-

It was snowing and cold, the Polemistés  Academy has finally allowed it's students to go home for vacation before returning to the Academy for the yearly competition between schools throughout the Empires and Kingdoms.

Silver, Travis and Hunter has been always the top three of the
intermediate I level, they work really hard to top each other a friendly competition between the three. During the Hunting Season they also won the competition even though they were only three of them they were able to collect a sack full of beast cores and exchange for it the Polemistés Academy has granted them High leveled contract beasts since they still haven't gone through that process yet.

Choosing a contract beast must require skills and capability to be able to tame a high ranked beast and you can only have one contract beast until it dies. That's also a reason there are still many students in the Polemistés Academy that still doesn't have any contract beasts.

Xavier gave Anastasia a beautiful necklace made of crystal, and of course Anastasia wore it immediately. Anastasia didn't know what to gave him, it seems like Xavier have read her mind, he chuckled and patted her head.

"Silly just take it"

"But I want to give you something in return to" Anastasia awkwardly smiled, it's kinda unfair.

Xavier thought for a moment before saying "If you really want to give me something, look over there" he pointed his finger beside Anastasia.

Anastasia looked back but only saw nothing when she turned her head she felt a pair of lips kissing her cheeks and a hand gently holding her chin. Xavier gave Anastasia cheeky smile when he saw Anastasia's flushed face.

"Kids these days" the librarian rolled her eyes towards them.

Anastasia also gave Xavier a big parting gift, a strong punch.

"Aiyoo, the idiot has been taken advantage" WhiteSaber's tone was teasing.

"Mistress want me to get rid of that guy?" Noir spoke with a very serious tone.

After packing all her stuffs she went to meet the trio. Silver looking neat as ever, in Anastasia's eyes he's just a clean freak guy, Travis as a big play boy flirting here and there and finally Hunter you could describe him as a person with face paralysis (serious).

Merry Christmas 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄 Everyone 😘 and thank you for your support love author-sama 🤩