Test Based On One's Strength

Author's Pov

It's been a month of learning and according to the School's tradition, each month there will be a test based on one's strength. Not necessarily every student should join, it's just a test based on the students's strength and capability despite their ranks. Each participant would be carefully observed by the teachers.

The top students in each ranks would be able to participate in the yearly competition between schools throughout the kingdoms and Empires.

Ranks:

Novice- are classified into two
Novice I- freshmen (First year) students
    °Boys
    °Girls
Novice II- (Second year) students
    °Boys
    °Girls

Intermediate
Intermediate I- (Third year) students
    °Boys
    °Girls
Intermediate II- (Fourth year) students
    °Boys
    °Girls

Advance
•Students- students with their final year in the academy
    °Boys
    °Girls

Expert
• Very exceptional students

Usually this little game would last a week. And currently students were given a time to prepare. While other students were busy enhancing their strength only Anastia was currently locked in her room.

She was currently in a lotus position, quietly meditating. Magic was forbidden in this place but gathering mana was no problem.

While her body was gathering enormous amount of mana. In her mind was a very vast space where she could freely enter and exit by just focusing.

Noir was standing beside her while Anastasia was struggling creating a dark spell called 'Revival of the fallen' or a spell which could revive dead and turn into puppets.

"Mistress you should have enough hatred and will to create a spell but remember not to lose control" Noir spoke as he raised his hand, a black force gathered in his hand. The dead deer that was laying in front of them stood up.

When it opened it's eyes it was black and the black mana could be visibly seen surrounding it.

Anastasia dropped in her knees, dark magic really consumes large amount of mana. Even though her body outside is still absorbing mana, her current state was really pathetic.

"What do you mean 'not to lose control?'" she furrowed her brows.

"Mistress, using dark magic is extremely hard. You should have hatred and will in order to perform a spell. In the process a dark mage could lose control to his/her emotions and cause havoc, Dark mages's emotions are more sensitive than a normal person. Due to that reason the element only awakens when the mage came to an age that is more vulnerable to their emotions" Noir patiently explained.

"Then could you tell me how I could not use my other elements" Anastasia asked.

"The mistress may not know but the Dark Element has a special ability to consume spells from other elements when facing battles and prohibits a mage to cast spells. Like the light element which also has a special ability: healing"

Hunter and Travis could see Anastasia spacing out again.

"Ahem*" Travis tries to get her attention but no avail.

"Anastasia" Hunter called out.

Upon hearing her name she was brought back to the reality. She was still wondering about Noir's words.

"You're spacing out these days, is something bothering you?" Travis looked at her.

"I was just wondering about my family" she spoke a half-truth half-lie words.

"Oh, that's normal" hearing her words Travis was put in ease as he shove a spoonful of food in his mouth.

"I'm full, I'll go first"

"You still haven't touch your food" Travis pointed at her plate.

"You can have it"

"Suit yourself"

As she left the cafeteria to return to her dorm Hunter grabbed her hand and looked at her seriously with a worried gaze.

"Anastasia if there's something that's bothering you, you could tell me. I'll be there for you" his words brought Anastasia in a confusing state.

Her heart was pounding nonstop, this scene looks like a romantic scene in a television. Looking at their hands she could only nod like a fool.

At that night Anastasia couldn't sleep, her face was flushed as she remembered seeing Hunter's eyes filled with seriousness. She rolled in her bed like a worm sprinkled with salt.

Noir foolishly watched his mistress's silly behaviour.

Finally the day that everyone has been waiting for finally arrived. The competition was held in the main training grounds where two persons could clash freely with each other.

This competition aroused many students to join. Anastasia could only watch at the side lines, the headmaster specifically told her that she was not allowed to join the competition against other students or the incident before would repeat itself.

Injuring a fellow student was one of the must not to do in this school. And she had broken it already afraid of getting kicked out Anastasia could only nod.