The Jade Princess

Start from the beginning

"Season?" Kai asked, confused.

"You know, fall, spring, summer, whatever." The Mailman dismissed, and the guards turned to Kai confused. The Red Ninja shrugged, unknowing.

Cole panted, making his way on a building of the palace. When he almost reached the top, he has a flashback from him climbing a mountain.

When he reached the top, he was relieved, but gasped when he saw a old man with a long white beard sitting there. He had a small fire up and a tea pot next to him.

"Hello there." The man said, sipping his tea.

"How did you—Who are you?" Cole asked, confused and suprised.

"Maybe that is a question for me to ask. But first, why do you climb the mountain?" The old man asked, smiling kindly.

Cole stammered, "I...just lost someone...." He said, scratching his arm, "My father should be sad, or angry, but he's just, he's—" Cole tried to find the right words.

"Yes?" The man asked, as Cole found the right words.

"He spends all his time with this group singing and dancing. He's never home, leaving all the chores for me. With her gone, I guess it's up to me to be the responsible one. He acts like nothing's happened. How can he sing and dance at a time like this?"

The man sighs, "Grief takes many shapes and forms. Some sing and dance, some climb mountains."

"Why did you climb the mountain?" Cole asked.

"To find you, Cole." The man answered.

Cole came back to reality, climbing the last part and reaching the top.

"And I'll find you, Master." He said, closing his eyes. 

After opening them, he sees Hutchins sneaking around. Cole jumps down the building, towards Hutchins. Hutchins opens a passageway and the Master of Earth follows.

He tries to take it slow and doesn't see which corridor Hutchins went in. There were three of them, and Cole decided to take the left one. Only to run into a big amount of Blast Sap. Cole gasped, pulling his hood off his face.

"Blast Sap. Guys, we've got a big problem." Cole said, trying to reach the others. "Blast Sap—There's Blast Sap—I saw a—" 

Loud static was heard over the coms of his teammates, "Cole, you're not coming in. You have a bad signal." Lloyd said to him, concerned looking at Y/n, who was next to him. 

The Blast Sap starts to shake, which means it's about to explode.

Cole runs out of the corridor with the Blast Sap, "We gotta get everyone out of here. The whole palace is rigged to explode. It was Hutchins!" He yelled into his earpiece.

The Blast Sap explodes, taking the palace with it. As the guards are recovering from the bang, the Sons of Garmadon enter the palace. Their bikes could be heard through the whole palace.

Y/n saw Hutchins passing, but before he could turn around the corner she stopped him, by jumping in front of him.

"You did this! You helped them!" She retorted, quite annoyed.

Lloyd kicked a bike away, just before it could drive into Y/n.

"I had nothing to do with this." Hutchins replied, as Lloyd turned to the two as well.

"Cole said he saw you in the tunnels. With the explosives!" He exclaimed, pinning Hutccins to the wall.

"Whatever your friend saw, it wasn't me. I have served this house for the better part of my life, and have sworn to protect the Royal Family." Hutchins protested, before a loud scream was heard behind them. "Watch out!" Hutchins warned, making the two duck, saving them from Ultra Violet's sai.