Chapter 17

Seeing him again, brings back the pain and memories I have fought so hard to burry. I fight the force of the rushing wave of despair that trys to bring me crushing under.

Pulling me forcefully to my feet, Scar lightly brings a few strands of hair that have fallen into my face behind my ear and then starts to trace my jaw line. "My beautiful girl I missed you."

I resist the urge to move away, staying as still a possible I look into the eyes of the monster I once loved. It takes a immense amount of effect to pretend I'm not affect by fear and the greater amount not to attack him on the spot. Not when I need to protect both Mariel and Michael and get them to safety. 

His blue eyes turn onto them both  "Michael long time no see friend."

"You not my friend." Michael spits moving to sit up from his short blackout. I hear the hatred burning in his voice.

Stepping back Scar smiles and turns to walk to the desk that holds my weapons. Picking up my combat bow he studies it with interest. "Wasn't this the last thing your daddy gave you?" he asks

I watch in horror as he takes my hunters knife and starts toying with it. A evil glint glowing in his eyes. I watch him cut the string of my bow and throws it against the wall making the gears explode and shatter.

Still holding my kunai I hide it from view as I try to cut the thick ropes faster. The pite in my stomach growing from the seeing my presious bow in pieces

Walking back to Lexus and slapping him on his back "Well done you did good"

"I did what you asked. " Lexus says looking ashamed

"Yes I know. Now there's something else I need you to do"

Lexus eyes fulling confusion.

"Die." the ringing sound of a gunshot bounces of the walls, along with Mariel's screams.

He swings his wild eyes at me and throws back his head. The animalistic sounds that comes out has my body racking with chills all the way down to my bones.

"Ahh well that's one less problem to deal with." cleaning off the blood splatter from his check.

"Jordan please let them go, its me you want. Please just let them go " I beg moving closer to him, trying to cut the ropes faster with my kunai.

Catching movement across the threshold my heart picks up when I realize who it is.

A malevolent smiles forms and changes his somewhat normal face to one of pure evil.

"You can stop lingering in the shadows now you too."

Branson and Daylan enter through the metal door, their hands raised in the air as they are walked in at gun point.

Oh God I'm going to lose everyone I love.

No I refuse! I won't lose not this time, I straighten my spin and steady my resolve. My soul turning into hell fire.

I need to buy time I need to create a distraction.

"Jordan please don't do this." I step hesitantly closer to him.

Reaching behind his back, Scar pulls out a gun.
"Now now love we have quite alot to talk about." Toying with the barrel of the gun his voice running like hot blades against my skin. "You been busy these last few years haven't you. Playing hide and seek from me, making me believe you were actually dead.

"You wanted me dead."

Trying to gather any little dirt you could get, making sure my deals fell through, costing me alot of money and now
I think it's time for you to pay."

Aiming the gun at Mariel my heart seizes. Before I can move I see both Daylan and Branson disarm their captors, Daylan lunges forward towards Scar tackling him to the ground while Branson runs to Michael and Mariel's side

"Go get then out of here! " I yell to Branson as he
frantically cuts away at the cable ties. He lifts Mariel's shaking body up into his arms protecting her while Michael stand close behind him.

My ropes finally giving way. I fanatically look around the room for a weapon as they were scattered across the room from Scar and Daylans' stuggle for control.

The sound of the gun going off causes me to falter as I look back, Daylan is on the ground with Scar hovering above him.

My heart beating so fast I think I'm going to have a heart attack.

I'm frozen in my step as I watch in slow motion as Scar turns his aim towards me. The deafing sound of the bullet leaving the chamber echos through the space. My thoughts jumble, as the bullet flies through the air towards me. My body frozen in fear waiting for the pain that never comes.

"Noooo..." I watch in horror as Michael jumps infront of me taking the bullet meant for me . Stumbling slightly he looks back at me holding onto his chest, a small smile spreading across his face as his mouths three little words to me before collapsing onto the dusty floors.

"Michael!" I scream as I run towards him, falling into my knees I stare down at the growing red spot on his chest.

"No no, why did you do that? You can't leave me Mich. Please no. Michael! " my voice shaking with emotion.

"Ahh look at what you gone and done now."

Looking up at Scar, his smile cold as he starts to raise the gun at me once more.

"Shadow run!" Mariel yells as Branson frantically holds her back. 

I overcome the overwhelming fear running through my veins and let the rage and numbness take over my body. Seeing my quiver with some arrows laying close by. Leaping up I run for it but Scar notices what my intention are.

Spilters from the walls pollute the air with more dust and gunsmoke as the gun goes off again and again ringing loudly throughout the second floor. My right shoulder exploding into unrelenting searing hot pain.

The cool steel is a breath away, I'm grabbed by my hair and pulled back landing hard on my back, the air knocked out of me. Scar stands above me aiming his gun, he squeezes the trigger but his gun jams. Here's my chance, I kick my legs out and manage to steep his legs for under him making him fall to the ground his gun sliding away. Crawling away to the side I reach for my quiver.

Almost...

I'm pulled back by my ankle and he flips me back onto my back, his hands going to my throat. Struggling for breathe I move my hand around and feel for metal.

"Any last words bitch?" he spits in my face his hands squeezing tighter around my throat.

"Yeah burn in hell you bastrad! " I struggle to say as I bring my arm up and drive my arrow straight into his Carotid Artery.

Scars eyes roll back into his head as he claws at his injuryed neck, the scream of a wounded animal, mere seconds pass before his body falls heavy on top of me. My vision going black around me as I fade into the warm embrace of the cold darkness.