Chapter 10

Its the dead of night when I leave Mariel's room. The ship is dark and quiet mostly everyone is asleep expect the few on gaurd duty. The calmness of the water leaves the ship frozen on the water.

Wiping my eyes for the hundredth time this night , I flinch at the tenderness. Looking down at the plush rug as I walk to my room. I'm lost in thought of the events of tonight.

I'm both physically and emotionally exhausted but at the same time rejuvenated. I feel as though a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders. A smile pushes it's way to the surface and soon covers my face.

Still in my head I don't became aware of my surroundings before I slam straight into a brick wall. Stumbling back I almost lose my balance but the brick wall grab my upper arms to steady me.

"Whoa, are you okay? " mutters the wall. Looking up light grey eyes earch mine.

"Michael!" I squeak jumping back.

"What are you doing up?" I ask pulling my jacket tighter around me, hugging myself.

"I couldn't sleep." answers Mich shrugging his shoulders.

That's when I notices his chest is covered in sweat and his only in long grey sweat pants that hang lose on his hips. His defined abs tapper into that sexy V shape, dipping dangerously low into his pants. I now understand why girls go crazy for it. His body is a mouth watering distraction.

"Shadow?"

"huh... Oh sorry. Yeah I alright." I say and in the same breath "You been working out. " my question sounds more like a observation then an actual question.

My checks heat up realizes my mistake. Ducking my head I try hide the blush that starts to creep up. What the hell is wrong with me? I can't believe I was checking him out and he caught me doing. Agg...

" I see you haven't lost your foot-in-mouth disease. " A small smile plays on his lips.

"No I didn't mean." the blushing of my checks spreads down my neck . "Never mind." I mubble trying to calm my racing heart, shaking my head I try to clear all thoughts of his hot body from my mind. Which is difficult when his so close to me I can practically feel his body heat against my skin.

Shallowing hard. " Well I'm gonna go before... Yeah"
Side stepping him I try to walk past him but he grabs my hand holting my action. Looking down at our hands his hand is covering my much smaller one, bringing my eyes back up into his eyes I can see he is battling with himself. Like he wants to tell me something but something else is stopping him.

But before I can say a word. he blinks a couple of times taking the emotions farther away with each one . He drops my hand from his, placing both of his hands into his pockets.

"Good night Shadow" he tells me turning away to continue walking to his room.

"Night" I whisper back into a empty hall way.