Chapter 11

Sitting on the upper deck, the soft salty breeze blows around me making the air cool. The stars scattered in the night sky shine brightly like little white fire balls. The ship is dark and quiet mostly everyone is asleep expect the few guys on gaurd duty.

The heavy thud of feet hitting the upper deck catch my attention. Looking back over my shoulder I see Michael walking towards me carrying two mugs of what smell like coffee. Folding my legs under me, I make space for him to sit down only a couple inches away from me.

"Thanks." I say after taking a long sip.

Mich doesn't say anything for a long time but the silence is comfortable. And after our some what werid conversation the other night in the hall way I don't want to ruin it.

"Can't sleep?" Mich asks breaking the silence.

Looking down into my mug, I shake my head no. To lost in my own head to speak.

"Nightmares?" he question muffled by him taking a sip of his coffee.

Shooting my eyes up I'm caught in the deep glaze of grey eyes, unable to look away. "I heard you screaming" he adds, he eyes saddening.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you." I groan closing my eyes shut, my checks turning red from embarrassment. Why did i have to have to room next to him?

"You wanna talk about it?" he asks

"Not really." I say out of habit. The feeling of Mich moving off the chair brings my eyes to open.

Unable to stop myself "My parents" I whisper softy that I barely hear myself, my eyes burning with unwanted tears. Ever since I opened up to Mariel my emotions I have kept hidden under a mountain of concrete and cermet keep simmering to the surface. Looking past him onto the horizon.

I'm can't stop myself being pulled back in time...

We were driving home, the roads slippery and iced from the heavy snow storm we had earlier. My mom's delicate hand rests on  my dad's leg while he drives,

I must have fallen asleep listening to my dad talking proudly to my mom about how his daughter was going to be the best one day. I woke up to a deafening crashing sound followed close by the seeching of tryes trying to stop on the wet road and the shattering sound of glass breaking around me. My screams filling the space of the flipping car.

I must have blacked out because I came too, I was laying on the ground my body numb from the icy cold. The snow had started to fall again blanketing me in its whiteness. I remember thinking it was magical the way the tiny powered lace flowers cut through the dark night sky.

I tried moving but with each little movement my body protested in agony, like something heavy lay on top of me, crashing me. The sky turned a bright light bringing blurry figures with them. I was slipping in and out of consciousness as shadows moved around me.

The haunting expressions on my parents faces as the bullets left the chamber.  I screamed for my lost family but they would never answer me back.

"Shadow." Feeling warm hands holding my face brings me back to reality

"What? " my voice strained I look down at Mich who's on his haunches in front of me.

"You were in your head again." Mich tells me his thumb rubbing my check gently.

"I'm sorry" I try hiding my face in his palm, still rattled by the fading memory

"No I am... I'm sorry for what I said when I first saw you again and how I acted towards you since. I was shocked and hurt and I know it's not a reason but... I was a total dick I'm sorry." hanging his head he drops his hand from my face.

"You forgiven." I say smiling, putting my hand against his check I bring his face to look at me.

His eyes light up and his smiles back drawing my attention to his lips.

His lips. Wait No I can't. What am I thinking? This feeling I can't have. Although I have always found Michael attractive and deep down I think I still do, but his my best friend's brother that forbidden and wrong right? But why does this feel so right? I have pushed these feeling down for years even after meeting Scar and dating him. So why are they coming back?

Looking into his eyes I see them dilate, Michael takes my face in his hand the sensation of his touch against my check sends sparks through my body. He leans in closer and I can feel his hot breath against my face, the smell of coffee lingering on his lips.

"We shouldn't. " I whimper giving no fight.

"We should." he counters. His lips touch mine alighting a fire deep within me. All my worries disappear as I move my lips against his. I kiss him back fiercely.

Mich stands up pulling me with him. Wrapping my arms around his neck he lifts me up effectless.

Nothing as ever felt so right.