Chapter 4

Dylan nods, turns the light switch off and hits a few buttons on a PC and the wall next to me lights up with the image of the teams emblem. A howling spiral wolf breathing fire.

Clearing his throat I brace myself for Daylan to start

"We work for a special agency that deals with top level secrecy and potentially world threats, my team and I are the people who are called to extinguish any and all threat and save any victims.

About a few years back almost to the day we started receiving Intel of a young man by the name of Scar who was making a name for himself. He has been connected to countless murders and a swing of drug deals with some of the most powerful drug lords in the world, unfortunately he himself never gets his hands dirty he always has others doing his work for him. Scar became a very dangerous man almost overnight, no one wanted to cross in fear that he would kill them or worse.

You see it was his style to set his general "The Ripper" on the families of his runners or anyone who stood against him. He would make them watch while Ripper tortured and killed each one of their loved ones before killing them.

We never found the bodies or any physical evidence to tie him to anything. As far as Society's eyes were concerned Scar was a outstanding citizen. That was until Shadow came forward. After..."

"I Don't understand what that has to do with my sister and I? Why are there people after us? We don't know any person named Scar." Michael's voice is distant and low when he asks but I can hear the slight delay in his breathing when his trying hard to control his angry.

I know what is to come but they need to know so without looking up and a single nod to Dylan for him to continue, the images displayed on the wall are of various employees who worked for and stood against Scar but all have gone "missing".

There are countless faces all edged into my conscious but the next pictures are different.

"Scar had received information at the time that a young girl was leaking his Secrets and deals to us. He had.. Well you can see what he did." the echo of hitting the keyboard follows my heart beat.

The images of that certain young girl were displayed. Only that young girl was me and I was laying in a hospital bed. I don't need to see them to remember the pain of each bruise, broken bone and swollen tendons covering my whole body. It took months for my injuries to heal and even more time for me to accept what my life had become overnight.

I don't dare lift my head, it's cowardly I know but I can't look at them, I'm too afraid of what I might see. I feel the tension in the room get thicker I'm sure pretty soon the ceiling fan blades won't be able to cut through it.

Feeling Branson moving to stand next to me and taking me hand in his big bear hand brings me some comfort. He understands how difficult this is for me, how terribly scared I am of the situation we now face.

Branson knows more than most, because he was the one who found me. The Ripper had tossed me away that night like some trash.

"W wh what?" Michael shutters while a sob escapes Mariel before she is able to slap her mouth shut her hand, tears streaming down her pale face.

Before they can say anything else Daylan continues changing the picture one last time "You might have known Scar by a different name, Jordon Maison."

The sharp intake of air when they hear the name. The name that I seen to never be able to  escape, it haunts my dreams and makes my head ache more.

Scar aka Jordan Maison was more then a killer and drug lord.

He was my fiancé and Michael best friend too.