Chapter 1

"This is so stupid." I think to myself while I sit close to the exit, druming my fingers against the sliver table top.

My black stap dress has diamond cut outs on the sides and lands just mid thigh, the 5 inch heels accomplish the look by wrapping around my ankles and ending with a cute little red bows at the back. My hair hangs in loose curls against my back and most of my right side of my face is hidden by my fringe . My make up is heavy and the smoky eye makes my dark brown eyes pop. To bad this is totally not my style but a girl has to do what she must when working.

Looking around the room all I see are strangers dancing and having a good time together to the beat of some new song.

The floor it littered with bodies, heavy smoke and the smell of booze. The music is loud but the people are louder. I'm really starting to hate this assignment. I feel as if I'm about to jump out my own skin any minute. I want to leave this stupid annoying club.

Where the hell is Lexus? I have been waiting here almost 10 minutes. I wonder where he is?

Our mission was to gather information about the owner and staff at the club called Vixen. According to Boss man's Intel someone has been dealing heavy drugs and  human tafficing. We just have to found out who.

Giving up on waiting for my partner I head out to search for him.  The dance floor is packed but I can see his not there, nor was he in the men's bathroom when I sunk into check. The bar is coverd with drunk people and people inpatiently waiting to buy more alcohol but on Lexus. 

Walking through the back hall ways I keep to the shadows making sure I don't get spotted by the cameras. I'm not a stranger to the darkness anymore, I rather prefer hiding in its comfortable blanket these days.

Passing two doors on my left and three doors on my right they all empty which leaves the last door at the end of the hall way. Pausing to listen I hear Lexus's voice muffled and the cocking of a gun. Immediately I go into fight mode breaking the locked door ready to greet the person/s on the other side. 

Well that was earlier this evening, shaking myself of the memory from the club  I'm thrown back into another harsh reality. One I didn't want to face for a little while longer.

Now after 1 o'clock in the morning the darkness is a comfortable welcome, the rain has being pouring steadily of over half the night and is like ice piercing my cold flesh.

The worse part isn't that my new black dress is ruined in a couple different places and I'm covered in blood that's not my own, my 6 month assignment with Lexus has just been blown or that tomorrow I know for sure I will have bruise covering some parts of my body.

The sentence from the smug owner at the club is still on loop in my head. "Scar says Hi."

It is that I'm standing outside his place. Not ready to face him but more terrified to see how he
reacts after 3 years of me being "Dead".