Chapter 16

I'm surrounded in darkness, it hangs like a blanket around me. Where am I? What is going on?

I struggle to search my memories, trying to remember what happened. My head aches and I can feel something wet and sticky dripping down the side of my face, the rusty iron taste fills my mouth. The taste I immediately know is blood.

My eyelids flicker open, the harsh light from the above folersence light burns my eyes causing a startled cry to escape me. Trying to bring my hands up to shield them they are stopped dead in their wake by thick ropes behind my back

"Arielle." a small voice pleads.

Finally my eyes adjust to the light and I look around trying to found the voice.

Mariel. The fog lifting from my memories

Over in the corner by the traped boxes is Mariel, huddled up with her hands and feet tied. Tears falling freely down her face, dirt and muk streaked through her hair and clothes.  

I strain against my resistraints willing them to back. "What happen?" I ask my mind still cloudy.

Mariel's soft whimpering fill the room as the old metal door squeaks open. "Ahh you finally awake. " a voice growls lowly at us.

Wait I know the voice.

I stare bewildered at the person who stands in the door way.

"Lexus?!" I pull at the ropes, the tightness of them cutting into my wrists.

Lexus laughs as he reaches behind the door fame, pushing a dazed muscled body forward. Squinting under the harsh lights I see a bloodied and freshly bruised Michael, his lower lip split open, a black hue forming on his left eye. His hands tied infront of him.

Kicking out his leg, Lexus hits Michael behind the knees making him fall hard next to us.

"What are you doing? " I demand scooting closer to Mariel and Michael shielding them with my body.

Moving forward Lexus's hand hits my face forcing my head to the side. Pulling roughly on my hair he makes me look at him in the eyes. The dull ache in my head returning with a vengeance.

"You stupid little girl." he smirks "Don't you ask me something you already figured out!" he yells in my face. His eyes terribly bloodshot with black and blue bags under them. Pushing me away, the stone ground I been roughly dumped on hurts my side, lights dancing in the corners of my eyes.

"Don't you hurt her. You bastrad! " Michael screams, trying with all his might to push him away from me.

"Shut up." vemon laced in his words as he hits Michael on his head causing him to claspe into the floor. Cocking his gun at us he points it towards us.

"It was you." the words getting stuck in my throat. The final pieces of the puzzle fitting into their place around me.

Looking down his crooked nose at me, his eyes answers my question.

"Why?" pushing myself up I look around the room. Across the room I see my weapons including my bow laying on the furthest desk.

Lexus starts to pace back and forth on the concrete floor in front of us, A pained expression edged onto his face. "I didn't...Choice..... Had to." he mumbles to himself scratching the back of his neck with his gun.

"What did you do Lex? " I ask trying to distract him from his inner battle, while I move my legs to the side trying to get my left foot closer, lucky he doesn't know I keep my kunai hidden in my boot. With my hands bound at my back he can't see what I'm doing.

"Now now you should know not to ask those kind of questions."

That voice. Swallowing the acidity of sickness that lies in my throat, my skin starts breaking out in goosebumps, the hair at the back of my neck stand on edge.

Lexus mumbling goes quiet as he moves to the side, his head hanging low like his gun by his side.

Mariel trys scooting closer to me, I can feel her body shaking with fear. As Michael body's lays limp next to me.

As a dark form fills the light of the door way.

Gaining courage I look at the figure that emerges from the darkness.

"Hello beautiful. " the voice smirks

Scar...