Chapter 5

I remember the day that picture was taken. I was so happy, smiling from ear to ear while holding my hand up to the camera to show off my new diamond ring that adored my left hand. While I was wrapped in the arms of the person I loved, the man I was gonna spend my life with, My fiancé.

Jordan Maison aka Scar was the boy next door type, with his blonde waving hair that was always styled to perfection. His ocean green eyes that looked like pools of gems, wash board abs and dimpled smile made the perfect package for girls to always drool and boys to envy. 

I always would get frustrated when girls would flirt with him, never trusting any girl not to try anything with my guy.

It was Childish and immature and Jordan would always laugh at my pouting face and jealousy. Putting his arm around my waist he would pull me flush against him. "They not you my beautiful." "It's you and me forever." he would whisper into my ear giving me goosebumps along my spine at the same time chasing my worries away.

Ha what a complete and outter fool I was.

"After that Shadow agreeed to go into hiding and also started training with our team to help take down Scar's organisation and help put many dangerous people away. She became a very valuable asset." Daylan voice slices through my trip down memory lane.

"Scar was been under the conclusion that Shadow was dead, killed on his orders. Unfortunately some how he has found out she is very much alive and working with us. So he has put hits out on people who he thought best would bring her out of hiding." 

Branson squeezes my hand to reassure me.

"That is the people she cares most about." Daylan adds.

"She doesn't care about anyone but herself.  And that still doesn't tell me why this has to do with us!" hearing Michael harsh words makes my stomach turn and Branson shiften besides me. I hold on tighter to his hand, silently asking him not to do anything, not now. I deserve it for what I put them through.

"Mich please."  Mariel trys to calm her brother down.

"No M, she was dead for crying out loud! We mourned her for months. I watched you suffer losing your best friend. I... " his angry is getting the better of him. His eyes wide and wild I'm sure.

"The hits are out on you two." Looking up and seeing everyone looking at me with slack jaws makes me realise those words came out if my mouth. Uhh Oops my subconscious slaps her hand against her shaking head.

Michael stands there looking at me, gauping mouth. Moving his head to the side like his examining me. I have no doubt his mind is working overtime thrusting every hateful word at my direction with his eyes. 

Moments later he burst into a fit of laugher doubling over.

Oookay? I didn't expect that. Looking at Branson his expression tells me he also didn't.

"This is another dream." mumbles Mich holding his head between his hands, pulling his hair at the roots. I don't think he intended say it so loud let alone to be heard.

Wait did he just say "another dream" what does that mean?

Straighting back up "We not going with you."  Not surprising he would fight us on this.

"Son I don't think you understand the magnitude of this situation. Scar is a very dangerous man who doesn't care who's blood runs through his hands, even if it's friends. Until the time we can capture Scar, you and your sister are in grave danger there are death hits out on you both.

Someone has already tried tonight to kill you and they would have succeeded if we didn't make it in time. Both you and Mariel are now under our protection until such time the threat has been dealt with. That's final."  Daylan states leaving no round to argue.

My ear buzzes with new voices from my earpiece so I know both Daylan and Branson has heard them too.

Pushing of the wall "It's time." I snap, letting go of the comfort Branson's warm hand provided.

"We not going with you. " Mich snaps back equally harsh, stepping into my space.

Sighing softly I shake my head at his stubbornness. "I didn't want to do this this way." I look up into his magatic grey eyes, his hair falling into them. I see a flicker of emotion but it disappears behind a stone wall before I can tell what it was.

His eyes narrow on me distracting him for a brief second before Daylan pushes a needle filled with trac into the right side of his neck.  Michael's eyes flutter before closing.

Branson catches him before he falls to the ground and holestes him up onto his shoulder before walking out the door towards the black SUVs waiting to take us to a safe house. 

Mariel who hasn't spoken another word since trying to calm her brother, follows meekly behide Branson and Mich. Not once looking at any of us.