Chapter 6

Pulling away from the quayside, the tightness in my chest evaporates as the boat inches father away from the harbour.  The rolling swells of the deep ocean hitting the haul as the engine notches up. The fresh smell and taste of the salty air, the scream of birds flying above all help to release the tension in my shoulder blades.

Maybe it's the feeling of freedom being on the water or the escape that comes with being away from land and people. Either way the ocean has always been my favourite place to be. I just hope it stays like that and that this ship doesn't became my prison on water.

Pulling my long red hair into a high ponytail I leave my suite. I need to go on the hunt for Daylan.

His hiding away from me somewhere in the safe house well I guess I should rather say abored the safe house. Because for the next while our safe house is actually one of the agency's boat. Well they call it a boat I call it a Mansion on water with all its super amazing  Hi tech and top of range equipments.

The sea vessel is called Combattant, its a French word for "Fighter".  Ironically.

The interior of the Combatant is godsmacking for anyone who sees it for the first time. The boat seems small to anyone looking at it from the outside but as you walk through the gangway doors. The space opens up onto the landing of a long curving glass staircase on the middle level.

Along the surface light golden brown aged wood lines the walls giving a vintage effort, the windows are spotless and run all around the room with white curtains blowing in the breeze and dark mahogany floors. The centre of the room hangs a eye watering chandiler that suffuses the room with tiny sparkles of light when the sun hits every Swarovski crystal. It's dazzling yet somewhat disorienting if you stare to long.

To the right of the staircase 6 suites are located to the back. The suites all consist of 2 rooms, it's own bathroom featuring a full bath and vanity and then the bedroom is spacious with 4 post double bed drapped in pristine white linen and blue and grey scatter cushions, flanked by a mirrowed cupboard and a beige couch that looks out a floor to ceiling window.

To the front of the boat and left side of the staircase sits a main office, tech room, a fully equipped armory, training area and gym.

Walking up the stairs, leads to the upper level which is a open planned state of the art kitchen that flows into a small dining room and TV room and out onto a sun deck but my most favourite part of the entire boat is the library that off to the side of the TV room, with built-in floor to ceiling selves of rows upon rows books.

My feet sink into the thickly carpeted corridor when I step out my room. Which is lit by small round windows along the wall making the it feel light and soft.

Walking to the front of the Combatant, towards the office I see a fuming Branson coming storming out the main office the door rattling in his wake. Stream coming out his ears I'm sure.

I side step him so I don't get rolled over and flatted into a pancake. I know not to ask him anything right now not when his so mad. 

I watch him storm down the hall for a moment before walking through the door without knocking.

Checking out Daylan sitting by a desk I spy a blue folder sitting open in front of him, The same blue folder he had earlier. His jaw tight and the muscle doing a weird little dance on his forehead.

I throw myself down into the couch, I'm surrounded by man that's pissed off.

Wonderful. 

I can feel a start of a headache coming my way.  Covering my eyes with my arm I know I shouldn't ask but my curiosity is getting the better of me "What happened now? "