Chapter 7

It's been a few days since we left the harbour and Daylan confounded in me about his suspicion. That all mysterious blue folder being the root of evidence. I'm not sure I want to admit is true.

My once peaceful escape is starting to be replaced with tension and anxiety becoming my hell.

I'll been avoiding both Michael and Mariel. Well it's not like I'm actually wanted around them anyways, with all the tension and uncomfortable silence I've made sure to keep my distance.

When they walk into a room I make a excuse and leave immediately. Thank goodness there's a gym on this damn prison, else I would go out my mind.

Working out has became one of my outlets throughout the years. To let my mind go blank and only think about getting my aggression out. Lately it's become a good excuse to get my frustration out. That's where I stand right now.

In one swift movement my right foot lifts colliding with the big black bag hanging from the ceiling on metal chains, followed by my left leg and then my fists. Jutting the bag out in front me.

My heavy assault on the bag doesn't ease up and soon I'm coverd in a thin layer of sweat and my breathing has became laboured.

Feeling a presence, I immediately stop my assault using one hand to stop the swaying movement of the heavy bag. I look at 1 of the mirrors that cover this side of the room. I stand in silence while Branson glares at me from across the room.

"What?" I breath, ripping my ear buds out.

Removing the black tape from my hands, I toss it with my ear buds and phone into my kit bag as I walk past it and him.

"When are you gonna stop hidding." He asks following behind me.

"I'm not hidding." suddenly feeling defensive.

"It's not like I can escape this damn boat anyway." I mubble, grabbing a towel and continuing my walk to the floor that is majority padded.

"Yes are are." grabbing my upper arm Branson spins me around to face him. Kicking his leg out I grab his upper body forward while turning my body to the side. A loud thub follows when Branson's back hits the floor with me on top of him, caging him in with my legs while holding his wrists above his head.

"You know why!" I fire back getting annoyed with the men on this boat. If it's not Michael throwing daggers at me everytime we in the same room, it's Daylan giving me headaches over trying to find the person who leaked my info to Scar and Branson on my back annoying the shit outta me by trying to interfere in something he shouldn't.

Still holding him down with my legs I release his wrists. My body starts shaking with anger.

I know Branson is giving me the power right now. he could easily over power me, he could have stopped me throwing him down the moment he grabbed me but he hasn't knowing I need this.

Staring up at me his blue eyes soften
"Baby girl. " he says clocking his head to the side.

"It's going to be okay you know?" gentling cupping my check in his large palm he rubs his thumb over my check. I nod into his hand my angry fading.

I catch movement from the corner of my eye but when I turn to look at the entry way there's nothing there. Climbing off of his chest I sit next to him bring my knees up to rest my forehead on "They hate me." I state

Standing up Branson helps me to my feet "Give them time and maybe talk to them instead of running away like someone lit a fire under you" he replies grinning like a cat

Scoffing at his weird phases, I follow him farther onto the padded floor and for the next few hours we train, sparring until we both exhausted.

"You should must probably see Mariel she's still gets sea sick." states a drained Branson

Bending down to gather my bag, I sling it over my shoulder and nod at him. His got a glime in his eye that makes me wonder his got up his sleeve.