Chapter 14

The sound of crushing glass against the office's wall from the flower vase I just launched across the room does little to dull the roaring beast that has taken up shelter in my chest.

How could this happen? I tried so hard to protect everyone, to make sure they are safe from danger, to make sure no harm came to them and what happen?

I did exactly that, i failed them all... again.

"You need to calm down baby girl. " Branson tells me as he straigths up from his bent position over the table he was hanging his achy head on.

"Everyone is searching, we will find them " Daylan states after ending another annoying phone call.

Scowling deeply I ignore both him and Branson as I sheath both my daggers behind my back, my kunai, a Japanese throwing knife going into its spot in my left boot.

"I can't just wait around. " I state

"We need a plan first" Daylan says

"I have a plan, kill anyone who stands in my way of getting my family back and then I'm going to kill him." my statement is emphasis by the clipping sound of a extended mag going into one of my desert eagle mark XIX which I place both in their holsters on each leg.

"Shadow we don't even know where there are yet." Branson says his hand stopping me from grabbing anymore weapons.

I can see Branson is trying to keep a level head but his is just as effected as me. His eyes tell me how worried and scared he really is for Mariel.

Trying to control my rage I sink into one of the chairs behind me. "What are we going to do? I can't lose anymore people." my voice breaking at the end.

Looking at the blood stained paper

I hate how weak and useless I feel. The same feeling I have tried so much to run away from.

My impatience wearing shorter with every passing second. Branson and Daylan start going over very last detail we have gathered and possible locations both could have be taken. But seeing as we are miles away from home the information is limited and vague.

My thoughts are interrupted by my phone vibrating, with super speed I reach for my phone that has been lying in my pocket.

It's a message from a number I recognize. My angry turning up a level when I read it.

Looking up I find both men's back turned away from me, looking at something which is mostly probably a map on the desk.

Slipping out quietly I don't make a word as I hurry out the room, towards the army. Hidden in a wall panel is a secret compartment. Placing my right hand on the screen. A blue light scans my hand and within seconds the door opens with a click showing me my most unused weapon.

One I vowed to only use when the time was right.

Embedding in black form lies my compound bow and quiver.

The last gift my dad gave to me before the car accident.

The most funny thing happens when you fear the worse. Some give into their panic and freeze while others stay and fight even if the situation is dire and hopeless. Psychologist call it the fight or flight response.

Well I'm a damn fighter and it's time to go slay my demons.