Chapter 28

Twenty-eight

“Good Evening passengers!”

“This is the pre-landing announcement for flight 89B from New Delhi, India to Sydney, Australia. The local time is fifteen to six and the temperature is fifty-seven degrees Fahrenheit.” The announcement woke me up from my not-so-peaceful slumber as I blinked a couple of times, adjusting with the bright lights before finally opening my eyes wide and relaxed in my seat, stretching my neck further. I let out a lazy yawn and looked for the boys to find them sleeping in their respective seats.

A chuckle escaped my mouth when I caught an Air hostess struggling while she tried to wake Harsh up who had his head hanging out of the hand-rest and his legs rested in Mihir’s lap who himself had his head rested on the floor and legs in the air. He was sleeping upside down. Only God knows how he managed to find comfort in that weird position and not puke his guts out. Unbelievable creature!
I shifted my gaze a little southwards to find a flight attendant helping Ayaan with his seat belt who smoothly flirted with the girl, making her turn crimson. He whispered something in her ears on which the blonde woman giggled and left after making sure the seatbelt rested securely where it should be.

I again looked at the sleeping pig that was giving a hard time to the poor woman and shifted my attention back to the flight attendant who made a face when Harsh turned his head towards her, eyes still closed but the mouth was open. He was drooling. The Redhead scrunched her nose in disgust nevertheless shook Harsh a little harder, at the same time Ayaan delivered a hard kick upon the back Harsh’s seat, making him land on the floor with a thud. Mihir lost his balance in the process and followed his lead.
“Crashing! Crashing! Oh fuck, we are crashing!” Harsh jumped up, clearly panicked. The booming laughter of Ayaan echoed through the compartment as he gestured Miss Redhead to move forward and mind her business.

“You swine, we aren’t crashing. We are about to land. Now get your shit together and fasten up your seatbelt.” Ayaan threw his empty coffee cup on Harsh who efficiently dodged it, making it land on the face of a nerd who looked at them irritated nonetheless endured their absurdities.

“Ha! You missed the shot.” Harsh showed a middle finger to Ayaan in delight, but his happiness short-lived because next minute he was tackled on the ground by Mihir. He sat on the round belly of Harsh and punched his face, followed by a tight slap.

“Cowgirl” I heard someone yelling from the right corner, making everyone clap and hoot as Harsh struggled hard to get out of Mihir’s grip.

“Fuck him, good baby. Deeper!” It was a girl, sitting adjacent to the boy who had made the last comment.

“Drive him nuts” Ayaan yelled and let out a fake girly shriek, clearly enjoying the commotion. This time I couldn’t control my laughter. Fortunately, the faculties weren’t in the same class where we were and that had given us the liberty to enjoy as many incongruities as the teenagers could.

“For safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the captain turns off the Fasten seat belt sign.” The announcement continued in the background so was the hooting. I shook my head at the excitement of my classmates and stretched my legs and a hand as much as I could afford in between the little room the seats have allotted me and caught Ayaan staring at me from my peripheral vision.

I turned towards him completely and raised my eyebrows in question, asking him what he wanted. He looked at me and then shifted his gaze on Sonia who was sleeping peacefully beside me. Her ears were covered by a pair of turned-off headphones. His gaze lingered at her a little while and then he again shifted it back to me. He did it a couple of times and mouthed ‘kiss her’.