𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Jenna stepped forward to speak but wasn't given a chance to. One minute, Daisy is holding the Jenna's tray of leftovers and the next, the pasta is all over Jenna's body. It crowned the top of her head sliding down to her eyes and stuck in her hair. I could hear laughter from around the cafeteria but I ignored it.

"Maya, can you take her to the restroom please?" I have to deal with Daisy's craziness before she drives me insane.

"Sure."

Jenna was embarrassed. I could see the pain and her soul drowning in this persona she'd carved to fit a world of indifference. To make matters worse, the crowd wouldn't stop making fun of her. I heard a few of them calling her harridan moo, which is very offensive to me.

After Maya and Jenna's departure, I stepped closer to Daisy, who was smiling at her victory. Jenna loved, she had deep feelings, she showed kindness and generosity of spirit.
My body lost its strength long ago. My mind shattered and the rest of me followed suit.

"We talked about this."

"We did, but I don't fucking care. I'll do it according to my own rules." I hissed and turned to go. "Where are you going? Don't you want to eat with me?"

Without as much of a second glance, I walked away.

***

"Maya, it's none of your business."

She paused to stare at me for a split second before she shuts the car door. Leslie put the car in gear and drive away.

"Relax, I'm not Maya. I would ask you about your relationship with Jenna and Daisy Coleman." Shawn said as we walk over to my car.

"Dude, you're more complicated than I thought. Having rival sisters as your friends isn't a very good idea." Eric said.

"I'll see you guys in a few hours." I'm going to pick Eden from school and drive back home. After having a quick snack, I'll return back for the football practice.

I slid inside the car and started to drive. I didn't make it far before I noticed a familiar figure in loose jeans, an oversized hoodie on top and a beanie. So tousled by the wind, her long hair looked matted and dull. As I drive closer to her, I studied her face expression.

It was difficult to describe her blank face. Her eyes look tired and restless and her bangs were swept to one side. She looks calm and walks like a camel. I pulled over and grinned when she noticed me.

"Need a lift?" I cocked out a brow, one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the door.

She smiles widely when she saw me, her hands gripping the straps of her bag. "No thanks."

"Common, get in."

"I'm sure where I'm going has nothing to do with where you're going. Thanks but I don't needs ride," She declared.

"Tell me where you're going. Maybe we're on the same path."

"Medwin hospital." She said, finally giving up.

Not only Medwin hospital a few blocks away from Eden's school, it is where my father works. "Wow, that's where my father works. Common, get in. It's a few blocks away from my sister's school."

"I don't want you to be l..."

"One little ride would hurt, Jenna. In fact, my sister would be very happy if she finds out about how gentleman I am to give you a lift."

She giggled and shook her head in defeat. She rounded the car, opened the passenger door and climbed in. She carefully puts her bag on her thighs before flashing me a heartwarming smile. I smile back before I continue driving the car.

"So, in what department does Dad belongs to?" She questioned.

"He's paediatrician." I shortly replied.

She nodded her head in amusement. "That's wonderful. It's something I intent to be in the near future. I love children and I'm willing to do anything to save them."

Her heart is practically made of gold. While most people find her disgusting and nerdy for their liking, the younger ones like her, almost instantly. She's very good at interacting with them. Her relationship with Eden is enough to made up my mind about her.

"You're going to make a very good paediatrician." I commented.

She looked away and pushed back a strand of hair bang that got lose in the wind. "Thanks."

We fell into a comfortable silence, our ears deafened by the sound of the wind blowing and car tires rolling against the asphalt road. I wanted to ask why she was walking alone but I kept my mouth shut. Maybe I hadn't noticed before that she walks home by herself.

During the ride, she either drummed her fingers gently against the dashboard or stared at buildings as we sped past them. I slowed down before the enormous signboard which indicates the Medwin hospital. It's the best nonprofit academic medical centre in Denver with dozens of different certified doctors, administrative and allied hospital staff.

"Thanks a lot, Zack. I really appreciate it. Bye." She heartily said before opening the car door and getting out of the car. She shuts the car door but stops to stare at me.

"You're welcome. I'll see you tomorrow."

Her eyes rest, not unblinking but slowed, yet the effect is soft and inviting instead of harsh. Old feelings that I forcefully buried within me begin to rise to edge. I couldn't put into words the overwhelming feelings that are about to take over my body. I quickly averted my eyes to stop myself from overstepping the outer limits. I'm her sister's baby daddy for God's sake.

As I drove away, one thing was clear in my mind: I met the Coleman sisters for a reason.

__________________
Don't forget to vote, comment and share to support
Hope you enjoy❤