As soon as the car stopped at the school, I rushed out a small thanks to Ace then sprinted over to where Josh stood waiting patiently for us at our spot. After greeting me with a small hug he began firing question after question at me.

"Did you sleep at Ash's last night?, Does your mom know?, Why did Ace drop you to school? Where is your car?"

"Well good morning to you as well" I responded sarcastically.

"I'm being serious Bria. You're mom is going to kill you."

"I asked her to sleep over at Ash and she gave me the okay"

"Are you sure you heard her correctly? Is she aware that Ash has a step brother and a Step father who a both males might I add?"

"Josh" I groaned.

"Fine, I'll drop it. But I just hope she'll allow me at your funeral at least."

Ash was still saying good bye to Ace and I didn't like where Josh's conversation was going so I stormed off into the school just in time to hear the first bell ring. Josh came behind me screaming my name but I ignored him all the way to my locker.

"If you don't stop right now I'll kiss you so hard you'll cry" he said and I froze mid step. He turned me around to face him and held my shoulders as he spoke.

"I'm sorry okay. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I am just worried that's all"

"Well I'm fine. You have nothing to worry about."

"Okay, good"

***

After school, I decided to go over to Ash's house for my car. My intent was just to sneak my car out of the yard and go straight home but Cara saw me and insisted I stayed for dinner. I tried explaining to her that my mom didn't know where I was and she wouldn't like me being home late but the woman just wouldn't take no for an answer.

Eventually I gave in and stayed and we had quite a lovely dinner with lots of chats and laughs. Thank God Ace had to go back to work or this would've been too awkward for me.

When I got home, my mom was in the living room waiting for me. She looked at the little watch on her hand before she began.

"Bria Aurianna Adams! Where were you all nighht?!"

"Sorry I'm late mom. I forgot my car at Ashley's and went to collect it after school"

"What is your car doing at Ashley's in the first place?" She asked shouting. What is wrong with her? Does she have amnesia or something?

"I slept at hers last night mom. remember?" Mom rose from the chair and started pacing the house, anger evident in her features.

"What gave you the idea that I would be okay with you sleeping at Ashley's house?"

"I asked you mom! You gave me permission!"

"Don't you dare raise your voice in this house Bria, I'm warning you. And when did I ever in all your 17 years of life gave you permission to sleep at any of your friends house?"

"Mom you-"

"Grounded! You are grounded until I say otherwise. You will go to school and come straight home. As a matter of fact, give me your car keys!" I handed my keys over to my mom as tears spilled from my eyes. I went straight to my room and slammed my door shut. I am so done with her. I can't wait for my eighteenth birthday.

Ash: Hey

Bria: Hi

Ash: How did it go with your mom?

Bria: I'm grounded

Ash: What? Why?

Bria: I knew it was too good to be true. She's mad that I slept at yours. I don't get it. She gave me permission to, I swear.

Ash: What is up with your mom?

Bria: I really don't know

Ash: How long are you grounded for anyway?

Bria: I don't know, she didn't tell me but i'm pretty sure i'm grounded for life at this point.

Ash: That's too bad. Ace and I were going to the beach this weekend and he wanted to know if you would join us.

Bria: He said that?

Ash: Yea. It was kinda weird

Bria: It is

Ash: No worries, i'll just tell him that you're grounded

Bria: No, Just tell him I can't make it. He doesn't need to know the whole story. Or better yet, don't say anything. I'll be there.

Ash: You sure

Bria: Yes Ashley, I'll be there. Will Josh be there as well?

Ash: Um.. well I haven't asked him as yet but I'm sure he'll say yes.

Bria: You Do know that Ace hates Josh right?

Ash: Yea, I'm well aware, although I'm not sure why?

Bria: Um, because he is Ace and he hates everything that breathes. 🙄

Ash: whatever, just cut him some slack.

Bria: I already did when I agreed to come to the beach with you guys.

Ash: how are you planning on getting there anyway.

Bria: well I was hoping you could give me a ride?

Ash: sure, what Evs!

Bria: I'm going to bed now so I'll see you at school tomorrow. That's if I'm even allowed to leave the house.

Ash: haha bye.

Bria: bye.

___________________________
A/N

Bit of a short chapter. Wrote it on the bus ride home. I hope it's not too boring for you.. keep reading. I have lots in store for you. Drama, heart ache, betrayal. You name it!! 😁

-Delcie