six

i kind of like the point of view i did last time.

ill do it again.

-

The sun had just about sunk below the grassy horizons that belonged to the field that you and Levi strolled along through, he was calm and barely talked of negativity, which made you feel composed. He had said that the ride would take about an hour, he was correct at that. As you lazily kept your arms around his torso, the wait of going to your destination overcame you, and you slowly fell asleep.

Your head rested against his shoulder, slightly making Levi feel awkward. Though, it made him feel warm inside. He felt somewhat content with your arms draped around him and your head relaxing on his shoulder blades, honestly, he enjoyed your company. He just wouldn't openly admit it. Levi was not sure why, but, it was hard to scold you because he hated the way your face would suddenly sadden, and he knew it was because of him.

You both soon arrive at the area that Levi was so willing to take you to, to show you. You guys were on top of a meadow, one that presented a breathtaking view of endless green hills that had flowers as freckles. The dim light of the sun really helped make this place look so serene, as its light fought for territory along with the darkness. Though, the darkness always would win at this time of day.

As you lazily kept your arms draped around his torso, he noticed how innocent you looked as you slept. It mesmerized him in a way he didn't want to experience, so he ended it by slightly nudging his shoulder that had your head laying on it, in attempts of awakening you from your small nap.

"Wake up, we're here." Levi said bluntly, nudging you yet once more.

The sudden action that had provoked your slumber had you woken up in a jolt, a feeling of electricity racing down your body. It was like a surprise alarm clock to you.

Levi glance over his shoulder as you removed your arms away from him, bringing them up to your eyes and rubbing them as you yawned while stretching. The way your [H/L] [H/C] flowed with your movements made him feel something, he didn't know what though. He just kept staring at with his steel grey eyes while you gazed into them with your [E/C] sleepy ones. Your mouth slightly parted, and your arms were hung loosely on the sides of your body, and Levi thought just stared at you with the silence overpowering things.

"Tch, get off the horse, idiot." He said, sounding rather irritated. You knew he didn't mean it, rather you just ignored him and looked away, switching your gazes from him to the scenery before you.

It was beautiful, full of bliss and serenity. Surely better than the stables that was for sure. You couldn't fathom the fact that you were here along with your crush,

Humanity's strongest.

Humanity's ray of light.

Your ray of light.

Your tired eyes stared off into the green fields as the shadows of the darkness overcame half of the fields, as you stared at it in complete wonder and awe, you were ignoring your Captain's struggles to get you off his horse. After all, you had just woken up, it was hard to multitask right now.

You let out a breath of relaxation, smelling the nature before finally listening to Levi and getting off his black horse.

Your feet landed on the soft grass, flattening them below you, creating a footprint. You walked closer to the slanted edge of the hill you both were on, again, eyeing the landscape in awe.

Still feeling quite sleepy, you plopped down onto the grass, giving your legs rest.

"Filthy." He grunted, rolling his eyes. Then afterwards, staring at the ground that he labeled as 'filthy'.

You felt Levi sit beside you, a bit far from you. Though, before he even invited himself to sit, he placed his handkerchief to veil him from the ground.

You look over to him, "Captain?"

"Just call me Levi, okay."

"O-Okay, Levi." You stammered, "Why did you take me here?"

Why did you choose to ask that? There wasn't really a proper answer as there was no proper reason why. You sort of just said it, blurted it out, incapable of knowing what his answer will be or how it would annoy him in a way you didn't know how. It just rolled off your tongue while your eyes were yet, still, staring off into the sunset as the sky was now suddenly being painted in a gradient of pinks, oranges, yellows, and possibly even dark blue. Perhaps with the amount of wonder that your eyes held, it had somehow forced you to say something. Or maybe, the silence was way too awkward to handle, and so your mind wanted to conquer the silence.

You wanted to put your hand over your mouth to keep it shut, but you didn't. Rather you just kept your hands resting on the soft grass, that was slightly cold from the temperature drop.

"You seemed to have liked quietness," Levi states, "This is a nice and quiet place that I enjoy, so I wanted to show it to you."

His voice so calm, still blank and as monotone as ever, but still calm. Levi's voice - for once - was not mean. Though he sounded a tad bored, you were thankful that he was being nice to you.

"Well, it's beautiful. Honestly." After what seemed like an eternity, you finally looked away from the view of the landscape and turned to Levi, your cheeks bright pink in happiness that you were spending some quality time with your crush. That petty liking you had towards the Captain, yes, it made you very quite happy being able to be around him.

Smiling at the Corporal, you said, "Thank you."

He looked at you all of the sudden, kind of looking confused. His eyebrows were furrowed, and his eyes stared into yours intentionally.

"Why did you say thank you?" Levi asked.

All of the sudden, your smile transformed into a frown, unlocking your gaze from him to look down onto the grass. You didn't want to answer his question truthfully, it was not like he would care anyways. Although, he was important to you, so you decided that it was okay to tell him.

"It's just - I've never felt this sort of serenity with someone I liked before, since my mom left." You frowned at the thought of your mother and how she left you and you dad at a young age. The last memory you held onto was when she waved goodbye to you, when she was leaving to be gone forever. That was the reason why you needed to check up on your dad, since he was in a state of depression because of your mom.

"You like me?" The Corporal said, tilting his head.

He's so cute when he does that.

"A-As a friend of course!" Blushing even harder, you made the choice to watch over your words, careful of what you were to say.

He almost found out that you liked him in a way that you were more than friends. Which was why you were very protective of what you were going to say.

"Really? After I called you annoying, you still like me?" He scoots closer to you.

"You see, Captain," You looked at him again, "It doesn't matter if you say I'm annoying, o-or that I'm an idiot, or that I'm a brat. I still like you because -" Honestly, you did not know where you were going with this, so you halted mid-sentence with your eyes looking back at the world in front of you.