four

ugh im so worried that this is really cliche omg.

anyways, if you're reading then thank you so much! i really appreciate the reads! 

also, the chapters, i know, are kind of boring, but fEAR NOT CADETS THEY WON'T BE AFTER THIS CHAPTER AND CHAPTER FIVE AND MAYBE CHAPTER SIX. JUST HOLD ON AND SHIT WILL GET INTERESTING.

haha kay, enjoy.

-

Hanji had left to work on her own business, apparently she had to work with some titans while I had to deal with cleaning the stables.

As I made my way inside the stables, the smell of all the horses lingered here. I wouldn't say it smelled bad, because it didn't, though the smell was not pleasant either. Possibly because there was a pile of horse shit on the ground, something that I wasn't looking forward on cleaning up.

I grabbed a cloth and spray, starting to wipe down the structure as I breathed through my mouth to avoid the smell.

It was a time like this where I could not wait for spring break.

Spring break was in a week or so, I guess I could last that long.

I was only going to visit my dad for the last two days during spring break, everyone insisted on me staying for fun without cleaning.

Apparently, Jean, was going to host a party during spring break in the cafeteria and everyone was stoked for it. They couldn't wait for it, because Jean had stated that the party will be a bit more adult-ish than kid-ish. Meaning, all-nighters and alcohol. Perhaps some stupid adolescent games as well.

I would be lying if I said that I was not really excited about it, because I was. Not for the fact that Captain Levi was going to be there but because it was a time to enjoy ourselves without constantly worrying about our jobs.

With gloves on, I hesitantly cleaned off the horse poo off the ground and threw it into a bucket to where I'll be transporting it somewhere other than here, possibly in the forest where no one will see it. I was just too lazy to throw the horse poo in the garbage then clean the bucket. More hard work. Levi would probably kill me if he knew what I were up too.

I hastily removed the cleaning gloves and threw it into the bucket. The forest was far too risky to go to, so obviously I could not just get rid of this bucket easily.

"I'll just hide it." I thought.

I slowly crept to a nearby bush, hoping that there was no one close to witness this act. Swiftly, I stuck the bucket in between the leaves and branches of bush, relieved that I was not touching or smelling it.

As I was about to turn back, I heard a noise of some sort behind me. It obviously was not a human noise because other wise I would of ran before anyone could ever see me.

I glanced behind me and softly smiled.

It was just a horse that was somehow loose. Though, it was not just anyone's horse, it was the black one that towered over me and I quickly assumed that it was Levi's.

I reached my hand for it's face, petting it gently. He was calm against my touch, which slightly made me feel pleasant, knowing that I was not scaring it in any way.

"Come, before your owner kicks your ass for being out of the stables." I whispered to the horse. Though I knew that the Lance Corporal wouldn't actually kick it's ass, rather he would calmly lead it back to where it was suppose to be, he was only so composed around his horse.

Ever so softly, I used my hands to guide it back to where I knew Corporal Levi would of wanted it to be. I opened the wooden gate that led to an empty room for the horse, guiding the horse inside it. Once the horse was inside, immediately, I closed the gate shut, making sure that it was tightly closed for it not to open again for future situations like this. 

Even though I was done cleaning the stables, my mind wanted to stay here and listen to the serenity of nature since no one was here corrupting the peace, considering that everyone was so loud whenever I was around them. I stared at Levi's horse, petting it on his face yet once more, and his horse did the thing where he would rest his head on my small hand. I could only imagine myself doing the same to Levi. Cupping my hand over his cheek, hoping to give him somewhat bliss. It was impossible though, his feelings weren't mutual and I was so sure that his heart was way to cold to handle something like that. So, for now, I just hung out with Levi's horse, a genuine smile spread across my face.

"You're so cute," I said. "Maybe you're even cuter than the Corporal." Maybe.

Corporal Levi would always have this emotionless face, most of the time he'd look irritated with everyone here, or sometime's he'd show an expression that indicated how pissed off he was even though he wasn't. Yet, I actually believed that he was cute. Perhaps it was an effect to fancying a person.

Another effect to fancying a person was when you'd look through all their flaws, at least, I thought so. Or, it would be impossible to be mad at them when they were to do something wrong or bad, but maybe I was just so infatuated with Captain Levi that I was so willing to look past his stone-cold heart and like him no matter what. Maybe doing that was an effect.

It didn't matter though, my thoughts weren't much an important subject at the moment just as I had heard someone walk out. Quickly but not in a nervous matter, I rid my hands from Levi's horse and turned on my heel to see whom had broken the small time of serenity and perhaps even peace.

"Get your filthy hands off of my horse, idiot." 

Ouch. That one stung.

From the second I heard the voice I had recognized that it was no one other than Captain Levi himself. So, without a doubt, I subsided his rather rude statement and smiled at him. 

"Sorry, I was just putting him back since he got loose." I say, remaining composed.

"Well, in that case. Thank you." He replied, his cold steel grey eyes staring at me. For a moment, I was kind of shocked as to his words of saying 'Thank you', I wouldn't of expected that from him.

"You're welcome, Captain." Still holding a smile, I sighed and walked away from him and his horse, looking down at the ground feeling somewhat empty. Possibly, because of his choice of words and how he had voiced them. It did hurt a little.

As I leave, I did not salute, and for some reason he didn't mind it. In fact, instead of scolding me for not doing it, he said, "I watched you while you enjoyed the peace and quiet."

I spun back around in a slow motion, not really knowing how to reply to that. So I just nodded once.

"I can show you somewhere more relaxing," He spoke in his usual monotone voice, "Here." Levi, I watched as he opened the gate to where his horse stood, he lead his horse out and climbed onto it. He then let his hand out, in hopes of me grabbing it. 

I stood there quite stunned at his actions. My hand slowly ascending towards his and tightly held onto it as I jumped onto his horse. Levi let go of my hand once he knew that I was on the horse correctly, and he ending up holding on the horse instead.

"Hold onto me while we ride."

With a hesitant move, and along with hesitant thoughts, I quickly wrapped my arms around his torso, him suddenly scooting closer to me so that my chest was resting on his back. Levi ordered for his horse to start moving, he glanced back at me before picking up the pace.

"This might take a while, actually." He starts, abruptly stopping the horse, "Let's eat lunch first, then I can show you."