Chapter 24

~Vince's POV~

I couldn't believe my eyes, Weston threw Adrianna's body in the cell and I crawled up to her. I held her limp body in my arms and I started crying. We only kissed twice and she let Weston take her life, just like that. It all happened so quickly, I didn't even have time to stop him.

Suddenly the doors to the cell opened and my pack entered. " You guys are free to go." I heard Weston open the cell door open and I tried to get up and chase after him. Everytime I tried to stand up though, my legs were overcome with an agonizing pain. Earlier Weston had broken my legs and I couldn't even walk. Despite the agonizing pain shooting through my legs, I tried to run after him anyway.

One of my pack members, who was still perfectly healthy ( Weston never hurt any of my pack members, just me, Adrianna, and this other prisoner) held me back and said, " Vince, you can't go after him. It's a losing battle and you know it." I started yelling," I don't care! I don't care! He killed her, he killed my soulmate!" I tried to get him to let go but he just held on tighter. He sighed, " I'm sorry, I know she's dead but I can't have you dying too, your people need a leader."

My pack members had to drag me out of the cell and I had to beg them to not leave Adrianna. I couldn't leave her there. Before we left, the prisoner who was with Adrianna before Weston killed her. The prisoner was crying and I had no idea why, he didn't even know Adrianna, why is he crying. He looked up at me and said, " Please, don't leave me here, I can't be here anymore."

I looked at the prisoner and he was so beat up and weak he could barely open his mouth to speak. I told one of my pack members to pick him up and to bring him with us. They obviously did as they were told and we were back home soon.

As soon as we got home, I told my pack to call a doctor to heal the prisoner which I found out his name was Aeden. My men also called some people to set up a funeral for Adrianna.

When my brothers found out, they locked themselves in their rooms. She adored them so much and they adored her. She was so caring and I never even got the chance to say the 3 magic words or even take her out on a proper date. It felt like in just one day my entire life was taken away from me and I think there was a part of me that wanted to sit in the dark for the rest of my life and  waste away.

For a couple of days, I couldn't leave my room. I thought my life was completely over. No one talked to me and I talked to no one. I had hope that she would still wake up but I knew that probably wouldn't happen. So I started drinking to forget the pain of it all. I hoped it would completely erase the memory of her.

One day though, one day everything changed.

~ Adrianna's POV~

At first, after Weston had killed me, all I saw was darkness. I felt like I could see myself and hear myself but everything else around me was dark. I started walking and up ahead some light and I  saw the silhouette of a house. For some reason, I thought it was familiar so I started walking toward it.

As I started walking, I heard a voice calling out to me. I knew that voice, I couldn't believe it was her. My mother was calling out to me. I started running faster and I could hear her voice coming from the house so I just kept running.

When I got to the house, everything was light. It was Carsen's house but it was the way I remembered it when I was little. The paint wasn't chipped and there were clothes hanging out on the clothing line. I walked up the steps and as I stepped inside I saw my mother waiting for me.

She looked just like I remembered. My whole life people were telling me that I looked just like her and I never believed them until now. She had a warm smile and she held her arms out to me, " Come here my love. I've missed you." I ran over to her and hugged her. She kissed my head, " I missed you so much baby but you aren't supposed to be here now. You aren't supposed to be here for years."

I then told her about Weston and how I let him kill me so everyone could be saved. She hugged me and told me that I was brave for what I did but I had to go back home now. She told me that my destiny on Earth was not finished yet and that I would have a long life ahead of me.

" Mama, you don't understand. Even if I did go back, Weston would still be powerful and I have no idea how to defeat them. As long as he's around, no one I know or Vince knows is safe. I can't go back or everyone I know will die." My mother stay quiet for a little bit, " Do you have any idea why Weston wanted to kill you so badly?"

" I don't know," I shrugged. She held my hand, " It's because you have so much light and goodness. He knew that your light could overcome his darkness. You have always been good, you just lost your way. I blame that on your father though, he didn't give you attention you deserved. You can use that though, you can use that to defeat him."

" I want you to listen to me carefully, I am going to tell you this once and only once. This is how you can defeat Weston." I looked confused but suddenly I heard her whispering me instructions and I listened to her very closely.

The next thing I know, I gasped and my eyes shut open. I knew where I was, I was back in this beautiful house with the people I loved and the first person I saw was Vince. He couldn't believe it at first, he thought I was a ghost. He even grabbed a lamp but I took it from his hands and kissed him.