Chapter 19

Calliope looked much different than from what I remember, she used to be this old woman with a cane that kept her balance. I didn't know this woman was her at first.

When the door opened, there was no old lady with a cane but instead this beautiful woman with long braids in her hair. " Are you Calliope?" I asked. She just said two simple words that made complete sense to me, " Aging spell." She must have used an aging spell so people would not be able to recognize her anymore.

" Come inside, I'll see how bad your soulmate is. Someone with that much darkness in their hearts sometimes cannot be fixed easily." I stepped inside her eerie house and it was just as I suspected on the inside. There were Crystal's and jars of mountain ash ( something used to get rid of evil.) It was like being in a supernatural panic room.

The house on the inside was every bit as ugly and run-down as it was on the outside but I guess she was comfortable living in a place like this. She motioned for me to sit down on this chair that looked like it was ready to collapse if anyone sat on it. I made sure to sit as lightly as I could so I wouldn't break the chair.

Calliope sat right in front of me and said, " Hold out your hand." I held out my hand and she took it. " Now I want you to close your eyes, count backwards from twenty. With every number I want you to picture your soulmate then when you get to one, I will tell you how severe it is." I thought this was a waste of time, I just wanted her to tell me what was wrong with her but I was willing to try anything.

I did what she said and I started counting backwards from twenty. I thought of every good moment between me and Adrianna which in the first few weeks, there were not very many. While I was counting, Calliope seemed disturbed. The look on her face was not a good one, she seemed to be seeing everything dark about her while I was seeing all the light in her. When I was finished, Calliope gasped and quickly let go of my hand.

" It seems your ex-beta has been tampering with dark magic. The curse he used on your soulmate is a dark and ancient one which today the witches call " coactus spiritbus" or forced spirits. The spell makes the person believe that he or she is a soulmate to that other person. Most times the person who has used this curse uses it so the other person can do favors for the other person, mostly deadly ones. There is something that can bring her back but it's risky and it could kill her."

This is great, I came here to cure Adrianna but instead I could end up doing the exact opposite of what I wanted to do when I came here. I left my pack mates at the airport, I left my soulmate imprisoned for this. More and more with every second that passes, I am becoming more frustrated. I was desperate though so I put my frustration aside, " What do I have to do?"

She took some ingredients from a cabinet where the door looked like it was about to fall off. Some of the ingredients were so disgusting that just the smell alone made me want to puke. She mixed them all in a bowl. All of a sudden she took out a huge knife, grabbed my palm and cut a huge gash in my palm.

" What the-!" I screamed when she cut my hand. " Listen, do you want to help your soulmate or not?" She snapped at me. I rolled my eyes and nodded. Suddenly she poured it into a glass, " Give this to your soulmate and if things go well, then her curse will be lifted and if not, then this will kill her. This has to do with soulmates, if she truly loves you then this will work but if not, then you know what will happen."

I took the vile from her hands, " Thank you, I owe you." She smirked then, " I knew you were going to say this so there is one thing you can do for me." Something tells me I already know what she's going to say. " I want to be off your radar. I never want you or your men to bother me ever and I want to be left in my house, in piece where I can live a normal life. And believe me, you'll want the same thing in your future. I see great discourse in your future but then I see great light and happiness too."

I typically don't believe in psychic readings but what she said made me feel calmer. I thanked her and then called my pack which they gave me a hard time about leaving them at the airport which I completely understand. When I found out where they were, I treated them to ice cream and I was forgiven.

Soon enough, we were back on the plane and I luckily was able to conceal the vile from the human security guards. I wondered if this potion or whatever it is would really work. Did Adrianna truly love me?