Chapter 6

Adrianna's POV

When Carla saw me, she got all giddy and jumped up and down, clapping her hands. "Oh, this is so exciting!" She giggled, "Me? Married? It's like a dream come true, the true happily ever after."

I laughed at her foolish ideas but as long as she is happy I guess it doesn't matter. She went into her room and took my hand, dragging me with her.

" I need your help with the arrangements. Tonight, you get to finally meet my Vinny and tomorrow is the soul ceremony Do you have your dresses ready?"

Oh, the dumb soul ceremony, two wolves are said to come together under a full moon and become mated for life. Like two swans. Unfortunately, in my mind, soul mates are the biggest scam that wolves have ever believed in. Love is indeed just a trick and nothing, absolutely nothing will change me out of my opinion.

I mentally rolled my eyes at the idea but said gently, " Yes, Carla, I have the dress. You just worry about your special day with your... Vinny." Carla looked relieved to hear this and smiled.

She then said, " After all this time, have you ever found your true love?" I chuckled. True love? I'll be lucky if I can find a man who can stand to be in the same room with me for more than 5 minutes. " No, I never really had the time to look," I admitted partially.

"Oh, I hope you find someone who makes you as happy as Vinny has made me. You'll love him, he is amazing. She giggled, making me roll my eyes. " How does Carsen feel about him?" I remarked. " They get along perfectly." Figures, Carsen probably is just happy to have a man in the house again since my brother's passing.

" Well, I can't wait to meet him," I lied. "What does he look like?" Carla smiled and took out her phone and showed me her lock screen.

Vinny was wearing sunglasses and kissing Carla's cheek. They both smiled and looked incredibly happy but there was something about Vinny that seemed familiar to me. Then Carla showed me more pictures of him.

Oh my goodness, this is bad. This is so, so, so terribly bad. I'm in for it. I can't believe that this "wonderful" Vinny that my sister has spent the last 30 minutes talking about nonstop is the one who drove me here. He's the guy who picked me up from the airport.

I feel all the color from my face fade and then suddenly, the ultimate realization hits me. My sister's fiancee and future soul mate is actually my "soul mate." Did he know? He had to have known. I thought he was just a driver that Carla sent but instead, he was her fiancee!

Thousands upon thousands of thoughts rushed my mind as I stood up. Selene, the moon goddess doesn't want them to be soul mates, which means they won't be married. The room is spinning, I can't separate them, my sister is madly in love with him but it isn't my choice.

Are soul mates real? I don't think so but Selene does and it is told that if she doesn't get her way, she will kill any man or woman who gets in her way which means, my sister could die. So now, I have two choices, leave and Selene kills everyone except for the jerk who is supposedly my other half or stay and ruin my sister's wedding, embarrass the family, and end up forced with the biggest jerk-face on the planet. It sounds simple but personally, I do not want either.

Suddenly my thoughts are interrupted by sister's soft voice, " Adrianna, are you ok?" Hmmm, let's see. You could either hate me for the rest of our lives and come to my cremation in a purple dress or you get killed. I'm doing just dandy, how about you?

I stood up and all I remember saying was, " It wasn't my fault." Then, the room spun and I felt out of breath as if there were no lungs in my body. Then, I dropped to the floor with no hesitation.

While I was out, it was the strangest thing, I was expecting just total darkness but instead, I heard this voice, deep and masculine but it called out my name. Just mine. It was the most beautiful noise. Like an angel, calling out to me.

Soon, however, the voice sounded more real. The voice was deep, masculine sounding for sure but it was also a British accent. Then it hit me, it wasn't an angel at all but the spawn of Lucifer himself.

There he stood, a stupid smirk painted across his face as if it were the only face he knew. He was calling my name but he was pulling me to consciousness and now more than ever, I wanted to throw myself back down into the dark, uncertainty of unconsciousness and I wish not to take up till after the wedding. However, there he stood, bold as brass. Staring at me, holding a cup of water that he almost had the audacity to pour over to take me up.

" Geez, Adikins. Passing out a couple days before your sister's big ceremony? Have you no shame?" He smirked and I wanted to sit up and beat the crap out him but I felt too weak to move but I knew, that this will by far go down in history as the biggest disaster of a wedding in all of wedding history.