Chapter 1

Narrator's POV

The meeting of Carla and Vincent was much like everyone else's with a romantic place and love at first sight.

Vince, like most men, was captivated by Carla's beauty. Her raven hair, her ivory skin, her full pink lips. She was always considered the beautiful one of her family and rightly so.

Both Adrianna and Carla, sisters, were beautiful girls, the only thing was, people liked Carla better. She had a certain kindness and warmth to her that people loved while Adrianna was cold and cynical and a little bit rebellious.

So Vince fell for the raven-haired beauty and they did everything together and so, after they were together for the first time he felt it was only fair their spirits were mated. So, he proposed and she said yes.

This was where their happiness was to begin but disaster started as soon as Carla reached for her cell phone and dialed her sister's number.

Carla's POV

There I lay, happily with Vince next to me, a ring on my finger and  proud consent for our marriage by my father. To say I was happy would be an understatement, I was enthralled.

Vince was undoubtedly, a handsome guy with his black hair that was always gelled back to make him look like a sexy actor from the 50s, his thick English accent, and his several tattoos.

He was amazing and I was in love with him and everyone was happy except, there was my sister.

Eight years is way too long for a girl to be away from her home. I remember hearing my father's drunken words and I knew he didn't mean it. In fact, after she left, he wept. He lost another child that day and I was determined that they should become reconnected once again.

So, I delicately reached over my sleeping fiance and kissed his back as I grabbed my rose gold phone and dialed my sister's number which I had gotten from my gran ( who is an oracle.) At the time, father said I was never to call her number and that she left the family long ago and she should never return.

Reluctantly, I disobeyed my father and dialed her number. The soft tones of Vivaldi rang through as I waited for an answer.

" Hello, you've reached the office of Aislyn Evans, this is Aislyn speaking, how may I help you?" Aislyn? Who was that? I never heard of an Aislyn.

I gulped and said, " Hello, my name is Carla Mills and I would wish to speak to my sister Adrianna please." Dead silence came over the phone. Aislyn sounded choked up and she said quietly, " I have not heard that name in a very long time. Not since..."

" Adrianna?" I beamed. Her voice suddenly got taciturn, " Hello Carla, It's nice to hear from you." I smiled and said, " It's nice to hear from you as well sister. I have some very exciting news!" I looked over at Vince, who was still sleeping and I smoothed his black hair.

"What's the news, Carla?" I had to suppress a squeal when I said, " I found a mate, Ad! We're going to be united next month and I wish for you to be there when it happens."

Again, silence came over the phone, " Does Carsen agree with this?" Carsen is our father's real name and ever since Aedan died, Adrianna started calling him that.

"Why do you treat father with such disrespect?" She said through gritted teeth, " He is not, my father and you didn't answer my question."

I lied, it was the only way to get her to come, " Yes, he wants you back home. He misses you dearly." Adrianna sighed and said, " I'll be there on Tuesday. 5:00 pm sharp." I smiled even wider and said, " I'll see you when you come sister." Then, with a huge smile, I hung up.

Gently, I placed my phone back on the table and I felt Vince's lips kiss to my neck. He looked at me with loving eyes and said as he kissed my neck gently again, " Who was that babe?" I intertwined my hand with his and said, " My older sister. She's coming on Tuesday after 8 years of being away from the family."

Vince then cupped my cheeks and ran his tattooed hands through my raven hair and said, " Well, this should be fun."