Chapter 11

Now that we are nearing his house I suddenly feel more overwhelmed. I start thinking the worst. What if I'm supposed to be stuck with this man for the rest of my life? Most women would want to be with him. His eyes alone could make a woman become insane.

I must be really losing my mind now. I am thinking about the spawn of Hades eyes. Those eyes. The way they always looked like they were hiding dark secrets. I would give anything to know the pain and burdens his eyes have seen.

Oh my god! I start panicking internally. Why am I thinking like this? It's happening, I can feel it. Now that our souls are intertwined, we would both start to have an attraction for each other. The attraction would then turn to infatuation then infatuation would turn into love. I just have to push away these new "feelings" I have for him.

" Do you truly believe that Carsen can fix this? I mean, a soulmate pairing by a goddess is extremely rare. And you and I just happened to be paired by Selene herself. I'm worried this is something that can't be fixed."

I could tell this worried him too. The way his expression changed made it obvious, " Listen, I don't care if the pairing was made by Hera herself. There is nothing you or anyone else can do that will make me like you, let alone love you. So yes, I believe that Carsen can fix this." He is such a liar.

"Please, Vince. You're so full of it. Do you really think the situation is going to go away just because you believe it will? What is this? A freaking Disney movie! No, this is real life and you and I need a plan if this doesn't work out because personally, I would rather die a thousand painful deaths than being forced to spend the rest of my life with you! So if you really believe this is going to work, I want you to look me in the eyes and tell me right now. If there is even a slight chance you might doubt this, you have to tell me so we can figure this out."

I saw something in his eyes that I haven't seen much... gentleness. His thumb lightly touched my bottom lip. I think this freaked us both out. Then his eyes turned back to their usual harsh expression and he grabbed my chin harshly so I would be forced to look at him and said, " I have complete and total faith that things will work out and once this whole mistake is settled, I never want to see you ever again."

I grabbed his wrist tightly and used a move that I learned from years in being out on the streets and twisted his arm in the wrong direction, " If you ever touch me again, I'll make sure you'll never be able to give Carla children."

He and I looked at each other with pure anger. If this were a movie, he might have kissed me by now and we would be making out in the back of his car. However, this is not a movie.

We just glared at each other until we were interrupted by his driver, " Sir?" He said, his voice shaking. "What?" He said through gritted teeth. The driver started shaking, " We're here." Vince then composed himself and got my stuff out of the car which of course he threw my luggage out of the car because he was still angry with me.

" Come on, " He opened the door for me. " My brothers have been expecting you." Brothers? I didn't know he had any brothers but I really didn't know anything about him so this isn't a surprise.

Five boys were waiting in a line to greet Vince.. They were all dressed in their finest clothes and they showed no emotion on their faces. The youngest boy, who looked to be about seven or eight, broke the line and ran up to Vince and hugged him.

One of the other boys who was in his teens said through gritted teeth, " Giovanni! We're supposed to be on our best behavior." The youngest then looked back at him, " I don't care, Sebastian! Besides, I crossed my fingers when we made that promise anyway." The teenager then walked up to him and put him in a headlock, " You little-!"

I then walked out of the car, hoping it would make them stop fighting. " Woah!" The teenager's eyes widened. He looked at Vince and mouthed, " Holy crap!"

"Hello," I said gently, " I'm Adrianna." The teenage boy ran to take my hand which he gently kissed and he tried to fake a charming smile, " I'm Sebastian. I just turned 18 and I'm single." I tried not to laugh at his forwardness. I could see the resemblance of Vince and his brothers. They all had the same pretty eyes.

" Hey, how come you got her attention first? That isn't fair, you aren't even the oldest!" His twin brothers then spoke up. They both walked over to me and one took my hand said, " Hi, I'm Damien." The other took my other hand and said, " I'm Apollo." They both bowed and when I smiled at them, they turned deep red.

Another boy then stepped up. He was taller than Vince and he looked twice as reserved. " I apologize for the sophomoric behavior of my younger brothers. My name is Sirius. Welcome to our home." He bowed and I just bowed my head, " Thank you, Sirius. I wish we could have met under better circumstance but I hope I can be friends with you and your brothers." He gave a hint of a smile and nodded.

When the last brother came to introduce himself, he tugged on my skirt to get my attention.  " I'm Giovanni. I'm 8 years old and I think you are very beautiful." He imitated his brother's charming smile then looked at him and said, " Did I do it right?" Sebastian gave him a small thumbs up and winked at him.

Vince then grabbed my shoulders which made me flinch a little and that made him let go. " Follow me, I'll show you your room and introduce you to your maids." Before he had the chance to show me, his brothers all took my hands and said, " I'll do it! I'll do it!" They all lead me up the stairs of the mansion and I started laughing.

Vince soon had to tell his crazy brothers to go do their studies while I got situated. When they laughed Vince and I both laughed at their unruly behavior toward women. Vince apologized for them and I told them I enjoyed it though and actually found it endearing.

Before he left, our eyes met again. It seemed that no matter how much he infuriates me, I always go back to dreaming about his eyes and wondering what secrets they hold.

" Good evening Vince, " I look away from him, not allowing myself to be captivated. I curtsied to him which is something I never thought I would be doing ever. His cheeks got a bit flushed and he just bowed and slammed the door behind him as he left.