Chapter 7

The first thing that I can even think of when I see him there, mocking me is to grab something and throw it at him. I pick up one of the throw pillows from the couch and said, " You! You evil, horrible, devil! You are the worst person I have ever met!"

" Now now Adikins. Is that any way to treat your future brother in law?" I took a pillow and threw it at his head, " I hate you." He smirked, " I know you do."

I was about to push him but then Carla came into the room. We both put on our fake faces and he smiled and wrapped his arm around her waist. In some ways, I envy them. He looks at her with such happiness and she looks at him with such love.

" Oh good, you're up." Haha, I love how the first thing my sister says when I get up from fainting is, " Oh good you're up." I bet when I die, she'll say something like, " Oh good, now I can turn your room into my personal art studio."

I keep my personal comments to myself and just respond with a simple, " Yeah, your fiance was keeping me company." This part I said bitterly to him, " He's such a sweetheart." She was immune to my sarcasm.

" Oh good, you guys met." She clapped. " Ad, do you have something to wear for the ceremony tonight?" Ceremony? Ceremony? There is no use in hiding my confusion. I have no idea what she is talking about. I tilt my head to the side and look like a deer in headlights.

Carla laughed, " Remember? Tonight is mine and Vincent's spirit ceremony. All the alphas and lunas from all over will be there so you better have something nice to wear, my sister better is beautiful for this." Gee thanks Carla, I'm so I don't have your " natural beauty" and I can't attract men as you can. I wish I could but I can't.

" I don't have anything but I'll go shopping. I'll go to the bus station and go to town." She held my hands and said, " No, no, don't take a bus. Vincent will take you in his car." She turned to him, " You'll do that? Won't you Vincent?" She looked up at him with doe eyes and he melted in her hands like putty.

Annoyance was clear in his eyes though. I would be annoyed too if the " love of my life" treated me like a chauffeur too. He shook it off though and looked at me, " Of course, I'd be happy to take her. Wherever she needs to go." Gosh, he is annoying me now.

" Great! I have to set up for tonight though so you two will have to go by yourselves that will be great be great though because it gives you more time to get to know each other. You will be in-laws after all." She smiled and kissed my cheek.

Wonderful, this is really wonderful. A shopping day with the guy that hates me. I'm so excited.

" I'll go get my purse," I say softly and go up to my room and get it. Man, I can't wait to go back home. I can feel the practically feel the fireplace at the hotel now.

He was waiting outside for me, leaning on his car. I don't even know what kind nor do I care. He gets on the driver side and says, " Don't think I'm carrying your stuff. I'm just driving, not carrying."

I nodded and got in the passenger side. He started the car and my ears were practically ringinv from the loud heavy metal  music that was playing. I cover my ears and he smirks, " It's wonderful isn't it! Man, I just love the classics!" He shouts over the music. I. Hate. My. Future. Brother-in-law. I loathe his very existence to my core. I don't care if it sounds dramatic, I can't stand him. I ignore his smugness and just sit in silence until we got to the mall.

For most of the day, I had the worst experience. Every store I went into, I was reminded by Vincent that I was " dragging" him through the store so I owe him a favor and should hurry up. Then, we proceeded to go to the food court more times than I thought humanly possible. He must have an endless pit in his stomach because that man can eat.

Soon, we went through another store that I "dragged" him through and I finally found the dress I wanted. I was in love with it. I came out of the dressing room and looked at Vincent. " So what do you think? Is this good for the ceremony?"

He looked at me and his eyes widened. He actually looked speechless. Him? Speechless with me? He should be more interested in my sister, she's always been the better looking one. That's okay though, I never was one for the spotlight and Carla always was. It's a perfect fit for both of us.

Vincent cleared his throat, " It's alright I guess. It's good enough." I lost it then. I turned around and we went back to the dressing room and cried. I covered my mouth and sobbed. I've been lying to myself. Maybe, for once in my life I don't want to be " Good enough" or "adequate" I just want to be beautiful or exquisite in somebody's eyes.

That won't happen though. So I just had to just dry my eyes and get dressed and do what you do best, pretend like everything is okay.

I got dressed and hung the dress back up. I walked out of the dressing room and Vincent stood up. Guilt was in his eyes. " Have you been crying?" He asked in a soft voice.

" Of course not, " I responded, " Crying is for children and I am not a child." He gently grabbed my wrist and looked at me. His face completely softened and he used the pad of his thumb to wipe my excess tears.

We didn't move. We just stood there in silence. His blue eyes stared down at me. Is this what it feels like to be in love? In love...crap. I can't stare at him, he isn't my man.

I look away and say softly, " I'm going to pay for this. We can go home after that, no more of me dragging you around." I turned around then and paid for my dress.

What are these feelings I'm having? Are they good? Whatever it is, I don't like it or maybe I do. Nothing is certain but all I know is that everything will be simpler after this ceremony.