Chapter 20

As soon as I got home, I had to see Adrianna. I had to know if this was going to work and if she would be back to her old self. This was my only chance of getting her back, Calliope has me risking everything because of this.

I went to the room where we were keeping her prisoner. I had to take some of my guards with me of course because as soon as she sensed that I walked in her room, she went crazy. We had to handcuff her arms and legs and sometimes I could hear her screaming at me from my office or my room. It made Tarz insane to hear her in pain.

I cautiously stepped inside and she was screaming and the handcuffs rattled as she tried to escape. She kept screaming how one day she was going to kill me or that Weston was probably looking for her right now. " Yeah, yeah, Weston is totally in love with you," I said sarcastically as I pulled the lid of the potion Calliope gave me.

" Here, drink this," I said tiredly but instead of cooperating, she spit in my direction and when I moved closer to her she screamed and started cursing. She wouldn't stop moving and I had to be careful because this was the only bottle of potion I had. So I grabbed her face tightly and gave her the potion so quickly she wouldn't be able to react then I covered her mouth so she wouldn't be able to spit it out.

I backed away when she took the potion, I felt this wave of relief. Nothing was happening to her so far. In fact, she wasn't screaming at me anymore. Slowly, I walked towards her, " Adrianna? It's me, Vince. I'm your friend and your soulmate." I then whispered, " Please, please know who I am and don't die soon."

Then the unthinkable happened, the next thing I know she looked up at me with her eyes still villian-like red and she whispered my name. She didn't curse before my name or scream it angrily. In fact when she said it, there was a hint of a smile. She then passed out right before my eyes though.

I was panicking even more now, was this good or bad? Did she truly love me in her heart? I didn't know what to think about this. I checked her pulse quickly and it was unusually low and that's when chaos happened. I felt my own breathing start to quicken and everything around me was starting to get blurry. I knew I was having a panic attack, I used to get them a lot when I was a kid. My guards tried to help me but I kept saying to help Adrianna instead. From the stress of this whole situation and my lack of sleep, I coincidentally passed out as well.

I woke up feeling drowsy and the first thing I heard was humming. I didn't recognize the tune and the person who was humming was terrible off-key but I immediately identified the person. It was her, the real her. I knew it had to be Adrianna, my Adrianna. I tried to sit up but I felt her delicate hands sit me back down, " The doctor says you aren't ready to get up yet." She said in a soft voice.

" I don't care what the doctor says, I had to see you." She turned my face to hers and she looked different (but definitely in a good, non-pshycopathic way.) How I missed those dark brown eyes and her  hair that was such a deep brown that it almost looked black. I wondered if I should tell her how often I've thought about her or how many times I couldn't get her out of my mind. I wanted so badly to run my fingers through her hair as I softly kissed her.

I then realized something, the potion worked. This means that in her heart she truly loves me, whether or not she knows it yet is a completely different situation though but she loves me. I never in a million years would have thought that I would be so awe-struck by a woman, especially not her. I thought this was a burden that was forced upon us at first but it's become just the opposite now. Now, we are true soulmates.

" How could you save me?" She asked me suddenly. I got nervous then. Did she still love that traitor Weston and did this potion truly not work and I was just dreaming before. I just simply said back, " What do you mean?" She put a cool cloth on my sweaty face, " I tried to kill you, Vincent and yet you still saved my life. Why would you do something so selfless for me?"

I gently grabbed her wrist and made her remove the wash cloth from my face so that I could look at her, " Because Adrianna, I love...I love... I love you." To say that to her now felt like a huge weight was off my shoulders. I no longer had to keep it to myself anymore. Now, she knows and if she turns me down then at least I got to say it to her.

She then took me by surprise and she kissed me. She actually finally kissed me. I can't say how long I have waited for this kiss and how it made me feel to kiss her. Her lips we intoxicating and she made me want to do nothing but kiss her. I could forget everything else going on in my life right now just so that I could always feel her lips against mine.

She pulled away from our kiss and I tucked a loose piece of her hair behind her ear. " I love you too, Vinny," She smiled and she used my nickname which I typically hate hearing by hearing it from her was like hearing it from an angel.

( A/N: I know this chapter was simple but there will be more complex chapters coming up, I promise.)