Prologue: Adrianna

All I ever wanted was to be loved by someone. A true, genuine love. Was that too much to ask? It seems like the universe didn't want me to. So, I didn't fight it and became a cynic.

It wasn't always this way though, I once had a loving family. I had a mother who read me stories where the werewolves would become connected for eternity when they found their mates. She read to my brother and I. My brother was my best friend and we adored each other.

Everything was perfect and everyone was happy but perfection is only temporary and even the strongest hearts can come crumbling down.

Kila, the goddess of death, took my mother first. My brother and I were only six years old and my younger sister was only two. She was kidnapped by a neighboring pack. My father searched day and night for her and he found her just in time but she was tortured, sick, and depressed. My brother and I stayed with her the whole time but it was inevitable, she was too weak and she died 3 days later. Her courage never wavered.

My brother and I then made a pact that we would become a team and we vowed we would never be separated but the cruel darkness Kila took him too.

I was fifteen years old and my younger sister was eleven  and we were playing out in the woods, shifting and housing around when all of a sudden, his wolf howls in pain, agonizing pain and then another wolf much bigger than both of us came and bite into his shoulder and dragged him away, blood trailing everywhere behind him.

After that, I became reckless. I didn't come home till late and I stayed in my wolf form all day and night, trying to get a hold of him and I was losing my mind. My father never noticed that I was in pain. In fact, he never noticed me at all. Instead, he gave all his time to my younger sister Carla.

I couldn't handle it anymore. So, after five months of pure anger, rage, and  rebellion against my father's wishes of not turning so late at night I turned 16 and I left, never to return.

I stole his credit card and he saw me leaving too and last thing I remember him saying, " you know if you walk out that door. I will never think of you as my daughter ever again." I then stole the bottle of whiskey he drank every day and downed half the bottle and slurred, " I never was after mom died."

After that, I stumbled out of the house where I flew all the way to England and graduated college at the age of 18 because I scored very high on my SAT's  and then, I went to work and never once thought of Carla or my father.

That was until, 8 years later, I got a phone call from Carla and my whole life turned upside down.