Chapter Forty -Nine

Athkatla- Amn- Toril- Nightal 1374

Mendis and Meriel were sitting on the roof of their suite as some of the buildings of Athkatla were built into walls, and so they were currently on the roof of theirs, and Mendis was setting up his telescope.
Meri had to smile, that damn Telescope went everywhere with them! It was one of Mendis's most treasured possessions, he stored it in his Bag of Holding.
Meri grinned it was so funny "there!" Mendis said righting it.
"That damn telescope goes with you everywhere!" said Darkstar with a chuckle as he levitated up and joined them.
"You know magic is illegal in Amn," Mendis remarked.
"Where isn't it?" Darkstar said " don't worry Varharland got us all a permit not many can say no to a War Wizard of Suzail! It is one of the reasons why he took the commission when he was offered it. We've been told to keep it to a minimum though and well Dinan and I have to disguise ourselves again as well...but we're used to that".
"And Callina?"
"Half-Elves are uncommon it seems as is Drow, but Callina been a Half-Drow is seen more as an object of pity rather than a threat...seeing she is Half Drow, as is Skie, Dinan and I...however...?"
"Yeah," said Mendis.
Darkstar shrugged and sat down as Dinan joined them, they weren't in disguise at the moment though, and Liarna climbed up next, she had wings but they weren't much good for anything but gliding.
"Where's Callina?" Mendis asked.
"Coming!" came Callina's voice " still getting the knack of this levitation thing!" as Darkstar grinning helped her up, holding her close as he did so, relishing in the feel of her slim, feminine form against his, even if she was a couple of inches taller than he was!
"Mmm," he said, " you smell really good!"
She chuckled and said " thanks, one of Meri's bath oils".
Dinan grinned slightly at the sight " yep think he'll finally do it tonight with her, bout bloody time!"
"You mean, they Haven't?" Liarna asked.
"Nope," said Dinan " and I'm pretty sure that Callina is still a virgin! And although Dark isn't he might as well be! So it'll be good for them both!" he chuckled and kissed her " you and I...however".
Liarna giggled "Mm yeah" as she rubbed her hands down the silky, sexy odd mane down his spine a quirk they both had, as she knew he liked it.
"Ooh, Liarna!" Dinan said, " keep that up, I'm still a little tense....".
"She's rubbing your mane, isn't she?" Darkstar asked his twin.
"Err yeah".
"Seems to be rather a sensitive spot, seeing we both have one and it came in at Aschalextan," said Darkstar " but I think it shows that we possibly aren't fully Torillian, our dad has one too" he adjusted his position and said, "it does feel good though" and smiled softly.
"Surprised you even know!" Dinan teased his twin, Dark wasn't against sex or anything but he hadn't done it with anyone for a while, he wasn't a virgin but he didn't appear to be interested.
Darkstar groaned and rolled his eyes and said "I have done it you know Dinan! It's just been a while that's all! Just haven't found the right person I wanted to do it with! Unlike you, I have to actually have something of a connection to said person!" making Callina giggle and blush.
"So," said Dinan " is this the night for you and Cally?"
Darkstar groaned " Dinan!"
"Well, don't you think it's time you claimed her," Liarna asked with a smirk.
Darkstar said, " just because you and Dinan fell into bed together the first day you met, doesn't mean that Cally I should!"
Dinan said " seriously!" he lowered his voice " she wants you too!"
Darkstar looked at Cally " you think?"
"Yeah... go for it, Bro!"
Darkstar sighed and smiled awkwardly at Cally and then said: " care to rub my back, Cally?"
Cally grinned she knew Darkstar liked that and nodded and he felt her hands go under his shirt and rub his back and shoulders and he sighed and let her do it.
"Thanks," he said as she rubbed his spine.
"You two definitely aren't fully Torillian Drow," Cally said.
"I suspect we are not," said Darkstar " I'm sure our dad is Talafrayen, especially seeing when we went to Talafran that time and met the Zu Ardenz brothers we seemed to share some similar characteristics with them, especially our ability to GATE. Which I know that you can still do as well that feels good Cally" he leaned back and let her do a bit more.
Cally grinned and said "I know how much you like this... and you are really tense" she took his tunic off and kissed him along the back to the neck.
"Whoa!" said Darkstar.
Cally chuckled "mmm you do like that don't you".
Darkstar said " err yeah very much so" as she rubbed the back of his neck.
"your so tense," she said.
"Think we all are," he said "that Demi-Plane, Errgh!"
Callina nodded " yes".
Darkstar spun around and faced her bare-chested it might be Nightal but it was fairly warm all year round here in Amn.
"Mmm," he said closing his eyes "ooh that does feel good".
"You're all knotted up," said Meri noting Darkstar's back " gosh I think we were all tired and weary and need a few days recuperation, that place sapped us all!"
Mendis said " yeah" and noticed that it was now getting dark, and Darkstar sat on the roof edge dangling his feet down as Callina rubbed his back noticing some old scars.
"Where are those from?" she asked.
"Skullport mostly," said Darkstar " rough place to grow up".
"Oh," she said.
He said, "it's nothing, Dinan and I got into a fight with a couple of thugs that's all, one knifed me and I got some broken ribs, we were teenagers."
"Oh," she said.
"I can't believe it is Nightal 1374!" said Mendis "we're gone over a year! It didn't seem that long!"
"Time moves differently on the planes," said Darkstar "like Rudi said it wasn't an exact science".
"True," said Mendis.
"What must have been six months in Sithicus must have been a whole year on the Planes or on Toril. That is how people get lost" Darkstar said," I did warn that could happen".
"Makes sense," said Meri "wonder what happened in the last year and a half?"
Mendis said, " who knows, I get the feeling that the Band still isn't in Amn".
"Yeah," said Darkstar as he pulled his shirt back on.
Callina said, " feel better?"
"Much," he said, kissing her.