Chapter Three

**Warning Mild to Medium  Mature age scenes throughout this Chapter just thought I add this note,there are definitely some mature themes in this story and I will add notes like this as we go though, and is why I have put a mature age tag on the story**

Shadowdale, Mirtul Faerun- 1373

Mendis and Meriel sat together on a hillock with their arms wrapped around each other as they watched the fireworks display that Varharland and Felix had arranged for their wedding.
Mendis smiled as he watched a huge gold one light up the sky and smiled at the Ooh's and Aah's that came from around him, he smiled at his wife beside him and felt like he was the happiest man in the world.
So, what if Narafain and Suntoucher had said that his journey was just beginning? So, what if he didn't fully know about his past as yet? so what if the world ended? All that mattered at the moment was the beautiful woman sitting by his side, his wife, Meriel didn't care about his strangeness she loved him unconditionally her heart was his.
Yes, a journey was definitely beginning, Mendis thought but not in the way, he thought Narafain meant, the journey that was beginning was the journey ahead of him and Meriel, it was their journey through life as husband and wife, they would have children and at the moment all seemed bright.
Meriel said "these are beautiful!"
Mendis nodded "yes they are but not as beautiful as you are my love".
"I'm glad you like them" said Varharland walking up, the Eladrin smiled at them.
"You do realise that Khelban is going to have your head on a platter for this!" said Mendis "you know how he feels about smokepowder?"
"Yeah, yeah no doubt I will get a dressing down from the 'Blackstaff" said Varharland referring to the name Khelban Arunsun was known for due to the Blackstaff he carried around with him "but you know something, at this moment I don't care! All I care is about the smiles on your faces and of those of your friends and how happy you all look and how much you enjoy the show that is all I care about at the moment".
Mendis said "I hate to be in your shoes when Khelban finds out!"
Varharland said "I can handle Khelban; I know who he really is! and what! He just doesn't know that I know! Don't worry about me! Just enjoy the show I mean it is not like we are using it for weapons or anything! Although Felix's help and expertise in that area certainly helped! We are using them for decorative purposes! Leave the Blackstaff to me".
Mendis said "ok" not at all sure what Varharland meant.
"So, when do you and Meriel plan to retire for the evening? It is your wedding night" Varharland asked.
Mendis said "soon, not just yet though" he rubbed his feet which were aching.
"Ok" said Varharland.
"Your feet hurting too huh?" Meri asked.
"yeah" said Mendis.
"Hay guys! Great wedding" said a voice and Narafain Zu Ardenz came up; he was followed by his little girl Jyslina.
Narafain Zu Ardenzia was a Drow Lord on the world of Talafran, Mendis and Meriel had met him over a year ago when they had ended up on Talafran as part of their quest they were on, Talafran was a world similar to their own but it seemed to be a bit further along the technological path than Toril was.
"Hello Narafain" said Mendis as the Sorcerer walked up, Narafain was 5. 7 with dark red hair and violet eyes and ebony skin.
"Hello" said Narafain "fireworks! I'm impressed".
"Maybe we are not as far behind in Technology as we appear" Mendis teased.
Narafain nodded "yes".
"Have you managed to talk to Elminster yet?" Mendis asked him.
"Elminster! Is he here?"
Mendis nodded and indicated an elderly man talking to the Bard who was a gorgeous silver haired woman, she laughed at something he said.
"That's Elminster!" Narafain asked "The Sage of Shadowdale!"
"That's him the woman with him is Storm Silverhand" Meriel said "we asked her to come play at our wedding and she agreed but we didn't expect Master El to turn up though!"
"Do you think I can go talk to him?" Narafain asked.
"Come we'll introduce you!" said Mendis.