Chapter Eleven

** Authors  Notes: Minor mature age themes in this chapter**

Mendis was awoken from a sound sleep by a voice saying urgently to him "Mendis wake up I need to talk to you!"

"Huh? What?" Mendis asked sleepily.
"Mendis I need you to wake up" the voice said.
Mendis opened his eyes and saw a beautiful woman there with red-gold hair and clear blue eyes and a flawless complexion and she glowed with a brilliant light, Mendis knew he was looking at a Goddess.
"Who are you?" he asked awake now.
"I'm Medelina," the woman said, "it has taken me a while to find you, Mendis; this Plane is not my own, so I will make this quick".
"Where are you from?" Mendis asked.
"Talafran the world you half belong too" she said, "I have been trying to find you, so I can give you a gift, it may seem an unusual gift, but you will understand why in time".
"
Huh?"
Medelina touched his forehead murmuring softly and then said, "it is done?"
Mendis asked "what?"
"My gift to you is this, noone from any world, not even the Gods will be able to see you or sense you, unless you call attention to yourself, or will it thus, unless you have been introduced by a companion or called attention to yourself, those that know you will not be affected, but those that haven't met you will not".
"You mean I'll be permanently invisible?" Mendis asked.
"To those that you have not been introduced to" she said.
"But why give me such an unusual and powerful gift?" Mendis asked.
"I know you will not abuse it" she said, "it will become clear in time why I have given you this gift but until then use it wisely and enjoy it".
"But why me Medelina?" Mendis asked.
Medelina replied, "it is all part of your destiny Mendis all will come clear eventually".
"So, will Meri be able to see me?" Mendis asked.
"Those you already know you will have no trouble seeing you" she said, "so never fear your wife will not be affected, this gift will prove useful to one in your profession, enjoy it Mendis Mindshadow all will come clear in time".
Mendis said "but Medelina who are you?"
The Goddess smiled "I'm Medelina, Goddess of Magic, Adventurers and of Neutrality, Daughter of Talas, God of Light, Head of the Parthenon on Talafran, a world you half belong too and a world your destiny is tied to" she paused "remember my name and his, you may need us both one day".
"Huh?"
Medelina kissed him "fare thee well Mendis Mindshadow, Student of Master Mindshadow, Master of the past and Present, and child of the Stars".
"Pardon?" Mendis asked as the Goddess vanished.
"Remember" her voice floated back to him and Mendis was left alone in the Dark.
"Medelina?" Mendis asked "Medelina!" but there was no answer, Mendis shrugged thinking that maybe he had dreamt to whole thing he certainly didn't feel any different!
He lay back down and put an arm around Meriel and folded a wing across her relishing in the feel of her warm, firm body, she rolled over and Mendis felt her small, firm breasts against his chest as she snuggled into him as it started to rain outside, Mendis stroked Meri's hair and kissed her and started to try and drift off again.
Meriel murmured something in her sleep and Mendis felt her small hand reach out to him, Mendis hugged her and tried to will himself back to sleep.
He suddenly was slammed wide awake again as a vision flashed across his eyes again this time of a young woman, an open room and the symbol of the dead God Bhaal on the wall and the young woman was been attacked by something he couldn't see but he knew that the odds were stacked against her.
"Damn!" Mendis cursed sitting up and rubbing his forehead and temples as a headache shot through his head "who's that? that's not Josalyn!" he got up and wandered out into the main part hearing the lonely howl of a hunting wolf in the distance.
"Josalyn where are you?" Mendis said quietly picking up Jondalar's journal, he concentrated on Josalyn's image and got impressions of darkness and found himself looking through what he assumed was Josalyn's eyes, she was lying it appeared naked or very near so on what appeared to be a hillside above a maze and he could feel the presence of something looming over her and thrusting itself upon her but he could feel no reaction from Josalyn it was like she was catatonic and behind her he heard howls and screams.
Mendis quickly withdrew before he too was caught up in the emotional baggage of the scene, shaken it appeared that the Black robed stranger had been right Josalyn had been driven mad.
Mendis closed his eyes and rubbed his temples and sighed, his ability he had gained from Tenaradan's fortress was both a blessing and a curse.
"You ok Mendis?" Meri asked she walked out of the bedroom "when I didn't feel you I was worried, what is wrong my love?"
Mendis looked at Meri and said, "I just had a vision that's all and you know what they do to me".