Chapter 4

~Gabriel POV~

“Alpha, we have three humans entering the territory.” I frowned, had they hiked here?

“Intercept and put in the study between you and Finny, also get the witch to the study, in case we need to erase any unnecessary memories.” I stood and stretched. “Let me know when you get them.” I hated having to deal with humans, they were too curious, too nosy and too fragile to do anything with. I wrote down a quick note before standing and making my way to the study.

All at once the scent of flowers hit my nose and I wrinkled it in distaste. My stomach tightened and my skin prickled in awareness and I cursed; I had a human mate. I heard the door open and I moved faster towards the study and sat down before the door to the study opened and I watched the trio walk in. A tall man, with tan skin and dark green eyes that roamed the room before he made himself comfortable on the three seater. Behind him was a young boy, maybe eighteen, with dark brown skin and equally dark eyes and dreadlocs for hair. He stared at me for a while before sitting on the chair next to the other man leaving the middle open for whoever walked in last.

She was gorgeous.

Golden hair, cascading down her back in waves and eyes to match. She was light brown, practically caramel and her cheeks were rounded. Her full lips were pressed together flatly and she stared at me before looking away. My body sang to hers, no doubt she was my mate.

“Are you folks lost?” I asked once the door closed after her and they stayed silent. I wondered if I intimidated them; it was a problem I  had with other wandering humans. “Am I scaring you?” She scoffed and rolled her eyes before looking at me.

“Don’t flatter yourself.” Her voice was smooth like honey and it coated my skin. There was a knock on the door and I turned to see my niece pushing open the door.

“Uncle, I brought Dixie and Hilda.” She smiled at me and stepped into the room allowing the witch and seer entry. “I took over for my dad, I didn’t know you had- Oh, Ms. Prince.” She moved over to the short female and beamed at her.

“Antonia, what a surprise.” She gave her a fake smile and Antonia beamed in response.

“You’re meeting with my uncle? I didn’t know you were a werewolf.” She rose an eyebrow and I stiffened.

“Antonia.” I called out and she turned to look at me and tilted her head.

“Uncle Gabe, this is my literature teacher at school. Ms. Prince, this is my Uncle, the Alpha of our pack.” Her teacher tilted her head before looking at me with her eyes that seemed to pierce my soul.

“I can tell you aren’t very intuitive. Firstly, I do not smell like a werewolf; secondly, you didn’t ask your Uncle if it would be okay to engage in conversation with me and by his stiff posture it is clear that you said something you shouldn’t have.” She moved her eyes over to look at Antonia. “You are not allowed to read that book until you become more aware of your surroundings. Mindlessly speaking can get you killed.” She finished evenly and Antonia hunched down with a frown.

“Apologies Uncle, Ms. Prince.” She left and I wondered what supernatural ruled her.

“So you know about the supernatural.” She tilted her head as she looked at me.

“We do.” I released a breath and on my inhale her scent entered my nose and I stiffened.

“What are you?” Now I was curious, I knew one of them had to be a witch to mask the scents but I didn’t know which one.

“If you can figure out exactly what we belong to, I shall tell you why I’m here.” I laughed, a mocking sound.

“In case you haven’t figured it out, I am the Alpha which means I say whether you live or die.” She shrugged offhandedly.

“It doesn’t matter what you think, I will be leaving here alive.” She mocked me with a glare and I felt my pulse thrum.

“No need to push, we will get what we came for.” The first man spoke up and she tilted her head towards him before looking back at me.

“Are you going to guess?” She folded her arms and I shrugged.

“One of you is a witch.” I supplied.

“The obvious.” She shrugged and turned to look at the witch. “Have you figured it out?” Dixie hissed.

“A vampire.” I stood and moved over towards her menacingly.

“How did you get a vampire unto my territory?” Vampires weren’t allowed to enter territories or homes without being invited by the owner. She smirked.

“Your stupid belief doesn’t apply to true bloods.” My eyes widened. True bloods were the first of the vampire race. They were super rare to find and impossible to kill. They were unaffected by the sun, no original laws or beliefs worked on them, they were the first of the first. I looked her up and down and my eyes moved over to the other two men. I couldn’t tell who was who. Her arrogance and tone made me believe she was the vampire but werewolves and vampires could not mate.

“You are not a vampire, werewolves and vampires can’t mate.” She tilted her head and I watched as the pores on her skin rose.

“I never said I was.” She shrugged.

“You are human.” I stated and she hummed.

“I thought so, once upon a time.” She stepped back and sat down. “I will introduce us.” I watched her and stepped back.

“Are you sure?” The one on her right asked and she glanced at him before shrugging.

“My father, the vampire and my brother, the witch.” She gestured to her right and left. The vampire was the older man and he didn’t seem happy to have his secret revealed.

“Connie…” He hissed and my eyes narrowed. It was rumored that the name of your mate would make your skin tingle, hers didn’t.

“Lucas.” He rolled his eyes and looked at me.

“What a shame, to have a wolf as a mate, who could never mate with you.” He tsked her and she pinched his cheek before looking at her brother.

“You can release it.” He eyed her and snapped his fingers and all at once the scent of something bright assaulted my senses and I knew she was my mate.

“What are you?” She looked at me and frowned deeply before looking at the seer.

“That’s what I came here to find out.” The seer stared at her and huffed.

“You are human.” The seer finalized. Her eyes shined brighter and the scent of something burning filled the air.

“Do it.” Her brother tilted his head before pulling a gun out of his waist and shot her in the head.

“Nooo!” I was on him too fast for me to comprehend and he stared at me with cool eyes before speaking.

“You good?”

“Peachy.”