Friends with feelings

You, Derek, and Mark had been friends since you could remember. Mark was constantly at Derek's house and you all hung out as kids. You liked Mark and Derek knew about it. Derek was essentially your person.

You, Derek, and Mark sat in the skills lab, Mark teaching you a new stitch. Being a resident sucked, but not as much as being an intern did. Mark and Derek took you under their wing, teaching you things you needed to know. Mark stood over you, one hand resting on the table, the other holding onto the back of your chair. You did the stitch almost perfectly, except for this one part. Derek watched the two of you from afar, smiling at the scene that was happening.

"You forgot to knot it at the end, make sure that they aren't too tight." He almost whispered in your ear, sending chills down your spine.

"Got it." You told him, looking into his piercing blue eyes.

"Show me." He said, glancing down at the banana.

"You can't look, you doofus. You'll jinx me!" You chuckled, pushing him away. He puts his hands up in surrender, walking to Derek.

"What a nice moment between the two of you." Derek mumbles, nudging Mark.

"I'll tell her when the time is right." Marks whispers to him.

"What if I told you some vital information? You buy me lunch for the next week."

"Come on, a week?"

"I could make it a month."

"Fine, spill it."

"Y/N likes you too."

"Wait, really?"

"I've said my information. Now if you excuse me, I have a craniotomy to get to." Derek says leaving the skills lab, leaving you two alone.

"Mark! I finished!!" You told him, turning around in your chair. He walks over, looking over the stitch.
"You never fail to amaze me." You let out a giggle.
"Seriously, I'm always amazed when I look at you. Not just because of your looks, but because everything I've ever wanted is right in front of me. I want you, Y/N."
You stood up taking in what he had just said.

You pulled him closer to you, lips connecting almost instantly. You had to admit that it felt good, kissing the guy you had a crush on since you were little. The kiss was passionate, more than you thought it would be. You both pulled away breathless, lips barely touching.

"I want you, too."