11 - missed calls

CHAPTER 11

missed calls
━━━━━━━━━

missed calls━━━━━━━━━

SONGMIN

"Songmin, just leave me alone. I won't bother you, okay?"

My eyes catch sight of Harin and her pleading ones — and I notice that they somehow doesn't glisten like they have been doing so this past month.

Instead dark circles are under her eyes, her usual glowing skin is pale and dull looking.
Her use of tone is annoying me, the bland voice that I've had to deal with for the past years doing what it always does. It pisses me off.

"Just go to your room, lil sis. You know I can't stand looking at you." I send a cocked eyebrow her way, watching as her shoulders sink down an inch at my harsh words.

But they are true. Ever since my father married Harin's mother I've been the second choice, my own father neglecting me completely, his sight blinded by the fortune that were held in my stepmothers family.

Living under the same roof for years didn't bring us any closer, only further apart. Harin's mother had been so naive marrying my father, his only intention purely to make her fall deeply in love with him and then make a fortune on her behalf when she wouldn't be here anymore.

The rest of the money from Harin's family is what's keeping her in school, attending one of the most expensive universities in Seoul.
I envy her a lot — how she still gets the perks of going to a classy school, how she has a talent in dancing, how she admires life.
I never had the admiration for life — I never really feel alive to be honest.

Sometimes I wonder if Harin sees me as my father, if we resemble somehow. Because it was the pure evilness my father held that made Harin's mother run over the edge. I'm sure of it. Sometimes i wish we do resemble, sometimes I don't.

It's like ever since her mother killed herself, Harin has been going more into herself, introverting further away than she already was. When we moved out of the old house, the beautiful one, when my father had spent way too much money on gambling and bad stocks it was almost like Harin gave up on trying to make things right.
She knew what my father had been up to right from the beginning, I'm sure — but her mother's love and admiration always came first, which in the end killed her.

Now that father has been gone for a while, I'm the one in charge of the house and I've surely taken the role of my father.

I clearly see how scared Harin gets whenever I move closer to her, how she flinch whenever I raise my hand — how I can see the goosebumps form on her arms when I watch her in her sleep. It's like her mind knows I'm watching her even when she's not awake.

That feeling gives me a rush, an adrenaline kick almost — and I know I shouldn't get that feeling, that it's wrong.

But that's how father taught me through life. Always have the upper hand.

Sighing over my dwelling thoughts I lean back in the soft chair, remote in my hand, surfing through the channels on the television. My eyes glued to the screen I reach out on the table, grabbing a handful of chips and stuff it into my mouth, the crunch of them overpowering all other sound.

Except one.

An ongoing buzzing has been making my eye twitch for the last five minutes, and I finally had enough and stand up abruptly and search for the cause of the sound.

Walking around in the small living room, the wooden floor creaks under my feet as I move my way around the kitchen counter, my eyes searching in the dimmed, yellow lightning.

A small square lighting up catch my eyes as it's left on the kitchen table. I narrow my eyes and reach out for it, the buzzing making me clench my jaw. The pastel-yellow cover with tangerines on it makes me let out a small scoff as I immediately know that Harin forgot her phone out here.

Sighing out I grab it and start walking towards her room as the phone buzzes once more. I groan and look down on the screen.

A wicked smile finds its way to my lips as I clutch the warm phone in my palm, wondering who this tae person is — and how I can use it against Harin

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N NOTE 💌:
hello guys! finally an update. i know it's not the longest — but i hope you got just a tiny insight in the background of harin and songmin. what's your opinion on him?

please vote and comment if you liked it
i get christmas vacation from work tomorrow and i'm so excited to see my family back home again — have a lovely christmas you guys <33
and if you don't celebrate christmas, then have some cosy last days of december.
bye for now!