7 - spots on white canvas

(warning: mentioning of triggering subject)

CHAPTER 7

spots on white canvas
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I'm telling you I'm not singing after the performance you just delivered! Not going to happen

"I'm telling you I'm not singing after the performance you just delivered! Not going to happen."

Harin shakes her head in refusal as I hand the microphone in her direction, watching how her cheeks are flushed pink.
I tilt my head to the side, rounding my eyes and pout.

"Pretty please?"

She pops her mouth open, her eyes widening at my begging expression.

"I'm going to embarrass myself, Tae. It's not happening." She says before playfully pinch my cheek with her rather cold fingers, but still her touch makes my cheek warm.
I bite my bottom lip before leaning back and smile at her.

"You'll sing for me. I know you will. Just wait." I confidently say before leaning back, feeling the wall behind me and glance ahead at the television in front of us, millions of songs ready to be played.

"Confident much?" I see Harin cross her arms from the corner of my eye alongside her brow cocking up. I hum in response, shrugging my shoulders slightly before a chuckle escape my lips.

Harin giggles before shaking her head and lean back as well.

"So... I've told you stuff about me, what I do, where I work. I don't seem to know much about you Mr. Mystery."

I turn my head to meet her gaze, but she keeps looking forward and I watch how the faint multicolored lights from the karaoke-room hits her features perfectly.
I nibble on my bottom lip, the guilt from not telling her the truth creeping up on me once again.

"What do you want to know?" I ask her, watching as a pleased smile graze her glistening lips.

"What's your favorite season?"

I furrow my brows at her question. But at the same time I feel the pain in my stomach disappear right away, the way her calm voice fills up the room. The way she wants to know me personally.

"Fall. I love watching the leaves change their colors, how they drop to the ground making an entire painting on the ground without knowing."

She nods in approval.

"You like to paint?" She asks again, now turning her body towards mine, leaning forward slightly as her fisted palm holds up her head while watching me.

"I love painting. And going to galleries." I say with more enthusiasm now as she hits one of my absolute favorite topics. I can tell she notices, how her eyes widen a tiny bit with a glint inside her brown caramel eyes.