19/10/12

Free writings

Given that it’s currently the phrase that’s stuck in my head just because it was, after the relative calm silence that my free was, the first loud spoken sentence, also enforced by Zoë’s ridiculously cheerful voice: “It’s a Ridley Scott movie, of course it means rape!”

In other news, I bought some chips from Angie’s for the first time. I have to admit, for some reason, the chips seem tastier when there someone else’s. So from now on, I will only endeavour to eat other people’s chips *cue pointed look at Steenson’s chips*. 

Yesterday I went to go see the Midsummer Madness. The first couple of performances of A Midsummer Night’s Dream can only be described as ‘So bad, it was good’. The other ones, however, were really well done, although the ‘Take Me Out’ parody caused me a great amount of pain, because of 1. Take Me Out makes me want to kill myself and everyone in the room, and 2. There was Gangman Style in it as well.

“The place is very well and quiet and the children scream only in a low voice.” (Bryon)

Write anything, incorporating the above quote, preferably, but not necessarily, with a horror theme.

St. Clarence, in Chippindale*, stood in a dark, shadowy, valley. There was a single road, running the length of the valley, leading to it. A car had just completed the long hour journey down the road. It was an uneventful and constant journey, with no traffic. That car had been the only car on that road for a while. The car passed the gate and into the courtyard. A mental hospital inspector stood out of the car, and looked around. The building was dark and foreboding, but that usually just comes with the reputation of mental hospitals.  Still, the inspector shivered, and walked to the door. He pressed the intercom on the side of the door, and waited. Almost immediately, a voice came through, politely asking him what they could do to help. The inspector identified himself, and the door opened. He walked through, and a pale man in a suit came to meet him.

“Hello,” he said. “Welcome to St. Clarence.”

“Thank you,” the inspector said. “A … very nice place you have here.”

“Yes,” the man said slowly. “The place is very well and quiet and the children scream only in a low voice.”

*in-joke: Steenson is now called Clarence because there are three people with his first name, inclusive, in the room. The other two people are now called Wolfgang and Sir James Croft.