{20} They're Having A...?

It'd been a little over two months since the day that changed the newlyweds' lives forever. Along with the everlasting excitement from their special day, Michael and Celeste were continuing to soak in the news about their growing child, which couldn't have made them any more joyful.

The overwhelming feeling of pure ecstasy never failed to wash over them with each passing day, and the day that they'd waited for much too long was finally here.

"How does that look, babe?" Celeste questioned Michael, referring to the banner she'd hung up.

Michael looked up from the food he was preparing, seeing that Celeste was standing on a latter, which he knew he wasn't going to allow. "It looks like you need to step down from that latter," he chuckled, causing her to do the same. He walked around the island, making his way to her as he took her hand to gently help her down. "I can do all of this."

She groaned. "I know you can," Celeste stated, wrapping her arm's around Michael's neck and resting her head on his chest. "But, it's our baby shower, at least let me do something."

"But, that something can't involve you climbing on the latter," Michael said firmly yet softly. He rubbed the back of Celeste's head tenderly, hoping to bring her some kind of comfort. "Plus, you're starting to show now, so you really need to be taking it easy, and it's my job to make sure of that."

"You're right," Celeste finally agreed, lifting her head from his chest. She walked over to the couch, resting her hands on her swelling stomach. Still, she had a look of defeat on her face. "Is there anything I can do, besides stress about the gender of our baby?"

Michael chuckled at that, walking back over to continue his party preparations. "You too, huh?"

Celeste snickered. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about the fact that your mother and Janet are the only two people who know the gender."

"Janet did insist on having it that way," Michael stated as he made his way to the cabinet to reach for a bowl, shaking his head with a snort. "And if you really want to contribute, come help me prepare the food."

"You're one-hundred percent sure that there isn't anything else that needs to be taken care of?" Celeste inquired as she stood up from her seat, walking over to begin completing her task.

Michael gave her a wink. "Absolutely positive," he assured her, which relieved her greatly.

When she reached him, Celeste wasted no time before diving into helping Michael get the job done as quickly as possible. As they were preparing everything, they couldn't help feeling many different emotions going through them at once, all of them pertaining to their happiness that wouldn't give up.

Once they finally finished everything, Michael and Celeste laid it out neatly on the island for their shortly-arriving guests. Butterflies, excited yet anxious ones, made their way into both of their very stomachs, and they could hardly wait until they could let out their pure, outpouring happiness.

Just as they began putting all of their supplies back in their necessary areas, Celeste looked past her small-growing stomach to her outfit before sighing deeply. "This just isn't right," she mumbled quietly, hoping that Michael didn't hear her.

However, he was able to pick up on her words, despite the tone she was speaking in. "What isn't right?" Michael questioned softly as he put the last of the ingredients away.

"This dress," Celeste told him. She walked closer to Michael before he reached his lips out to give her forehead a small kiss, wishing to give her the comfort that she longed. "It makes me look...I don't know."