{15} Party Gone Wrong

"We're finally done. It's perfect."

Michael stood behind Celeste, his arms wrapped around her waist as his chin rested on her shoulder in a comfortable manner. They hadn't been able to stop admiring their new furniture since it'd finally been put in their home.

They both smiled in satisfaction, swaying around peacefully together. The pieces of their lives were falling perfectly into place, and they couldn't have been more joyous about it.

"Are you sure that you really like everything?" Michael questioned anxiously, looking at Celeste's soft, brown gaze as he kept his arms securely around her waist. "I want you to be comfortable with it."

Celeste nodded truthfully as she turned around to place her hands firmly on his shoulders. "Yes," she breathed. "It's great, I promise you." She paused briefly to catch his lips off guard in a loving kiss that sealed her promise. Pulling away, she let her lips linger, proceeding to speak her next words. "Now, do you believe me?"

"I don't know," Michael remarked, smiling mischievously. "You're probably going to have to show me again." He smiled against her lips before they rejoined in another kiss that erupted a large amount of butterflies in both of their very stomachs.

Celeste giggled as she pulled away, remaining as close to him as she could. "You know what we should do to celebrate the finished product of our house?" she asked. Michael raised a curious brow, which she took as her cue to continue further. "A house warming party!"

"A house warming party?" Michael pressed further. "I'd love that." She beamed at his words. "Plus, it'll be our first time hosting something together."

"I know," Celeste stated, smiling at the thought of it. "Which is why while I'm getting ready, your eyes must be off of me."

"What do you—" Michael started to say. He soon realized what she meant, but she'd already bolted towards their bedroom to begin getting ready. He attempted to catch up to her and was met with the other side of the door. "Cel!" he said from the other side of the door as he knocked repeatedly. "Open up!"

Celeste snorted. "I can't!" she told him, her voice muffled from the door that separated them. "Just wait and see!"

Shaking his head, Michael let a few chuckles fall from his lips. "Well, how am I supposed to get ready?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it!" Celeste informed him, continuing to laugh hysterically.

"You're a trip!" Michael responded, unable to control his laughter as he began walking away from the door to entertain himself for as long as he needed to.

For the next hour, Michael distracted himself with as much as he could while he waited for Celeste. He'd began contacting as many family members and close friends. He'd even managed to scribble down notes for potential songs, and that kept an ever-growing smile on his lips.

He stood up from his seat on the couch, starting towards his bedroom door before knocking a few times. "Cel, are you almost done?" Michael questioned softly.

"Yes," Celeste informed him, her smile was practically audible. "But, you have to close your eyes once I open the door."

"And the trip continues," Michael chucked, hearing her do the same. He then closed his eyes slowly. "They're closed now."

Opening the door slightly, Celeste peeked only her head out. "They better be," she said in a warning tone. She walked behind him, gently placing her hands over his eyes as she guided him into the bedroom.

Michael's eyes were still glued shut as he proceeded to speak his next words. "Do I finally have permission to open my eyes?" he questioned.

Celeste attempted to hold back a laugh at his eagerness. "Not yet," she told him once again. "Once you're done getting ready, then we can reveal ourselves to each other."