{5} Opening Up

The confusion and curiosity on Celeste's face was obvious to Michael. She continued gazing at him before she spoke.

"What are you doing here?" Celeste questioned. "How did you find my house?"

"I was so worried about you that I followed you home," Michael informed her, his cheeks heated up at how ridiculous he must've sounded. "I know that this all probably sounds really creepy, considering I followed you home, but—" He was cut off by Celeste embracing him tightly.

Before pulling away, Celeste took in every bit of warmth that Michael's embrace provided. "Thank you," she finally spoke. "Knowing how good your intentions were, I don't find this creepy at all."

Michael took a sigh of relief. "You don't?"

"Not at all," Celeste told him honestly, before taking his hand to guide him inside. "This has to be one of the sweetest things anyone's done for me in a while."

Michael smiled at that before they both sat down on the couch. "How's everything been?"

Celeste frowned. "If I'm being honest, not good." Michael's heart ached. "I just miss Bailey so much."

"I know," Michael murmured, placing one of his hands over hers. "If you don't mind me asking, why does he mean so much to you?" he asked. "I could tell by the look on your face that he meant way more than just being a pet."

"He was my mother's dog before she passed," Celeste answered, her eyes filling with the tears she hoped would go away. "He was like...the only thing I had left of her."

Michael gently wiped the tear that fell from Celeste's eye with his thumb. "I'm so sorry, Cel. I had no idea."

Both of their brown gazes connected. "It's okay, honestly," Celeste assured him. "That was a long time ago."

"How did Bailey pass?" Michael asked softly.

"It turns out he had cancer," Celeste murmured. "I noticed that he wasn't eating, and whenever he did, he always had a hard time. Also, he lost a bit of weight." She paused for a moment. "My mother also died from cancer, so having to lose them both that way..." she trailed off.

Michael moved closer to Celeste, holding her in his arms. "They're together now. Watching you every day as you help so many people with your wise words, Celeste."

Celeste looked up at Michael, giving him a small smile. "You're right. Thank you, Michael."

"Of course," Michael responded, his heart racing a million miles an hour at the events that'd occurred. "So, what about your father?"

"He was never around, and eventually ended up cheating on my mother," Celeste stated. "He ended up starting a new family that didn't include my mother and I," she continued. "And after she died, my aunt raised me."

Michael pulled Celeste away to look her seriously in the eye. "For as much as you've been through, you're very well put together," Michael remarked. "I don't know how you do it."

Celeste chuckled. "It isn't easy," she admitted. "But, I try remembering that someone out there needs my help just as much as I wanted the same kind of help," she told him. "Which is why being a therapist was something I always wanted to do."

"Take this from someone whose been with you for multiple sessions, you're making your mother real proud," Michael stated, giving her a smile.

"You don't know how much that means to me. Thank you," Celeste said sincerely, smiling slightly at the mention of her mother.

Suddenly, an idea sparked in Michael's head. "You know that song I was trying to show you earlier?" he asked. "If you want, I could show you now."

Celeste grinned at Michael's love for music. "Of course," she agreed, finally letting a genuine smile grace her lips "Let's hear it."

Michael began beatboxing the melody while singing the lyrics of the song. He slightly blushed when he saw Celeste's pure enjoyment.

When he finished, Celeste wasted no time before praising Michael. "Michael...you have a gift," she told him, honesty thick in her tone. "This is incredible."

"It's nothing, I suppose," Michael replied, rubbing his nose in his shyness.

"'Nothing?" Celeste mocked. "It's amazing, Michael. Truly."

The rest of the day consisted of the two getting to know each other on a more personal level. They shared stories of their pasts, and felt completely in sync with each other.

Before they knew it, the sky had replaced the sun with the moon that hung low.

Michael looked over at Celeste, noticing that she'd fallen asleep on his chest. "Cel?" he whispered.

It's already real late, his thoughts told him. What's the harm in spending the night?"

He didn't bother waking her up before he made himself comfortable on the couch, letting a deep sleep overtake him.

***

Opening his eyes, Michael looked down on Celeste, still seeing her state of rest. He gently lifted her head up from his chest, and laid it down on the couch. He grabbed the nearest blanket before covering her nicely.

Before making his way to the front door, Michael leaned down, planting a kiss on Celeste's cheek. He opened the door, and walked out to his vehicle, unable to shake off the pleasurable feeling that made itself known within him.

Michael couldn't believe that events that'd just occurred. He smiled slightly at himself, knowing that he'd taken Celeste's mind off of the grieving of her pet.

The night they'd spent together blossomed Michael's slight feelings for her into something more. But, what he didn't know is that she felt the same way.

***

I ship these two cuties so hard, wow. Sorry that this chapter is a bit shorter than the others, buuuut it was v informative! Also, what do y'all think on the ship name, Celchael? Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and the next one will be longer, don't worry! Thank you for reading, I love you guys!