{3} Togetherness & Relief

The clock read "4:03 AM" as Michael continued wrapping up the last few lyrics of the song he'd created from the bridge that was given to him by Greg. It'd been a few days since this opportunity was opened for him, and Michael was insistent on completing it without any time to waste.

Lovely is the feeling now
Fever, temperature's rising now

Michael continued reading the lyrics aloud as he began singing the song while beatboxing the melody he'd heard in his head into a tape recorder. He'd made sure that the bridge Greg wrote fit perfectly with the song he decided to title: "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough".

Before completing the song, Michael remembered Celeste's words, which was to check on Randy and Janet to clear up his anxious thoughts. He'd called his mother the previous day, and arranged a visit. It was during the hours in which his father was working because Michael knew that facing him was too much to take on just yet.

Taking a quick sip of his coffee, Michael cleared everything off of the table before tiredly stumbling in his bedroom, where a deep sleep awaited him.

***

The beep!ing of Michael's alarm clock alerted him to wake up, and begin his morning routine. He lazily swung his leg to the edge of the bed, before heading into the bathroom.

He stared at his reflection, seeing a growing white patch on his cheek from his ongoing skin disorder. It'd starting spreading more and more, which only caused Michael's feelings of anxiety to grow.

Michael's eyes shifted from the mirror as he finished completing the rest of his morning duties.

After completing his tasks, he made his way out of the apartment, ready to take on the task that awaited him.

It was after a short car ride that Michael arrived at the Jackson family household. He knocked on the door quickly, before it opened to reveal an ecstatic, young Janet.

"Hey, Jan—" Michael tried to say before Janet pulled him into a tight, loving embrace.

"Mike!" Janet squealed as she pulled him into the house, closing the door behind them both. "Don't ever leave again, and then not visit!"

Michael gave a small smile in his appreciation for his sister's love. "I won't," he chuckled slightly. "I missed you guys."

"We missed you more, please!" Janet insisted. "Wait until Randy knows that you're here. He's going to be over the moon."

Michael blushed slightly before chuckling at her words. They made their way into the kitchen, there awaited two more of the Jackson family members.

Randy met eyes with Michael, before embracing him in the most brotherly way. "Yo, Mike! We missed you so much, man!"

Michael returned his embrace with the same amount of love. "Are you kidding? I missed you guys more!" he exclaimed, every bit of excitement in his tone. This was one of the only moments where Michael felt most happy in life.

After the greeting of Randy, Michael went up to his mother, where a warm embrace awaited him. "Michael, baby, how are you?"

"I'm good today, honestly," Michael responded, his words feeling true to himself.

"I'm so glad!" Katherine told him truthfully. "You're just in time, we were about to have brunch." She set down a plate for Michael at the spot that was once his before he moved out all those years ago.

Before sitting, Michael stepped closer to Katherine. "Do you need help with anything? I can help serve Janet and Randy."

"No, dear!" Katherine insisted warmly. "You just sit down, I'll handle everything."

"Are you sure?" Michael asked as he pulled out his chair.

Katherine's heart filled at the caring actions of her son. "Yes, my love. It's okay, I've got everything."

Michael smiled at her slightly before beginning a conversation with his siblings.

"Do you two see that?" Katherine asked, playfully hinting at Randy and Janet. "You both should be more like Michael, asking your mother if she needs help.

"Why offer the help if you're just going to deny it?" Randy questioned, which caused them all to begin chuckling.

After a meal that contained of reminiscing and remembrance, Michael took his two siblings into the living room. They all sat down, Randy and Janet confused as to what was about to happen.

"So, why'd you want to talk to us?" Janet inquired, looking at Michael.

"Obviously, you guys know that J-Joseph—" Michael had trouble even spitting his name out. "—did abuse me." His head hung low at that, and Randy and Janet's hearts both ached. "I had to check on you guys to make sure that you both weren't enduring what I did."

Randy brown gaze connected with his brother's before he spoke his next words. "He isn't. Mother makes sure of it," he assured him. "We know that you got it the worse, and she's doing everything in her power to make sure that history doesn't repeat itself."

"Yeah," Janet chimed in. "We honestly wish that we can take away the pain he caused you, but we're in good hands if that's what you wanted to know. Mother's making sure of it."

"Thank God," Michael breathed, running his hands through his hair. A weight was practically being lifted from his shoulders. "I was so worried. I'm glad that everything is going well here, and I'm sorry I haven't visited as much as I would like to have."

Janet and Randy both walked over to Michael, before taking each of his hands in one of theirs. "Don't apologize, Michael," she murmured. "We understand. You're recovering, and if that means less time with our favorite big brother, then it's worth it."

Randy gave Michael hand a squeeze. "Exactly. And seeing you today made us and Mother very happy. We love you so much, and we'll continue to want the best for you, even if a little time gets taken away in the process."

"Thank you guys so much," Michael stated, his heart full from their words. "Knowing that I have your support is the greatest gift I could ever receive. And I love you both more."

The three of them joined in a tight embrace, feeling the closeness that they hadn't been able to experience for so long. When Katherine walked in, they pulled away, looking at her with the same amount of love they'd just given each other.

"What's going on?" Katherine questioned, walking over to kiss each of her children tenderly.

"Nothing," Randy answered. "Just catching up with Mike, that's all."

Katherine's expression warmed at the previous sight of the three of them. "Nothing makes me happier."

Continuing the rest of the visit before it got too late, Michael bid them all farewell. His troubles were left behind him the moment he stepped into his childhood home, where his family awaited him. But, with Michael's luck, that moment didn't last forever, nor would it in the events to come.

***

Don't hate me for the last sentence! It'll all be okiiie...unless it's not. Sorry, I tease, lol. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and we're getting closer to some major ISH that happens. Thank you guys for reading, I love you guys!

Pins & Needles (Michael Jackson)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara