{6} At Long Last

Hearing a quick yet loud knock on the door, Michael stood up from his place only to have it reveal Greg behind it.

"Mike, hey, brother!" Greg greeted his friend with a shoulder pat.

"It's good to see you, man," Michael said warmly, inviting Greg inside.

The two went to sit down on the couch, and Greg wasted no time before asking Michael about the song.

Greg sat in anticipation. "So, Mike, how's the song comin' along?"

Michael laughed slightly at Greg's eagerness. "It's finished, actually," he informed him.

"Are ya' kidding?" Greg asked, completely in shock. "My God, ya' are quick with that stuff!"

"I guess so," Michael chucked while blushing slightly.

Michael stood up from where he was sitting to go collect the tape recorder that held the entire song. Once he returned to his spot, he began playing it, watching as Greg's expression held amazement.

"Holy..." Greg trailed off. "This is...wow, Mike. It's amazing."

Michael felt a warm feeling making itself known in his chest. "Thank you."

Greg's eyes showed his utter admiration for Michael in that moment. "And ya' were beatboxin' the melody as ya' were singin', too?" he inquired.

"It's all me," Michael giggled.

"Believe me when I tell ya' that somethin' big will happen with this song. Ya' just wait," Greg assured him. Michael blushed at that. "Have ya' showed anyone else this?"

Michael shrugged. "I mean, just one other person," he told him. "Celeste, my therapist."

Greg raised a brow in confusion. "Ya' therapist?"

Michael gave a nod to confirm his words. "Yeah, she had an emergency," he started. "So, I offered to come with her to make sure that she was okay."

"Okay, I know that I don't have the best eyes, but I gotta be seriously blind to not see the sparkle in ya' eye right now," Greg teased, causing redness to appear on Michael's cheeks. "Ya' got a thing for her, don't ya'?"

"I'm crazy about her, Greg," Michael admitted, his tooth deep into his bottom lip. "Honestly."

Greg put a firm yet comforting hand on Michael's shoulder. "Well, brother, ya' have to tell her how ya' feel," he advised him. "It can be scary, but ya' can't live in fear. Ya' could be missin' out on somethin' that could be so beautiful."

Michael's brown eyes looked at his friend's for a long moment before realization shone through them. "You're right, Greg. I have to tell her how I feel."

"Damn right ya' do!" Greg told him firmly. "Good luck, man. Ya' got this." He gave him an encouraging embrace before heading out of the door.

All of this weighed down on Michael. He was about to tell Celeste how he felt, and once he did, he knew everything would change; forever.

***

Once he stepped on Celeste's doorstep, Michael knew that knocking on the door meant everything was going to change. He'd finally be expressing his true feelings, and the mixture of butterflies in his stomach reminded him of that.

He pressed his knuckles against the door, and it opened to reveal a smiling Celeste.

"Michael!" Celeste greeted warmly. "I wasn't expecting you. Is everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah," Michael giggled nervously. "Everything's fine, but I need to talk to you."

Although Michael assured her that everything was fine, Celeste's face still painted a bit of concern. "Of course." She guided him inside, sitting him on the couch before allowing him to speak his next words.

Michael's gaze cast down to the floor, but he soon remembered his purpose, and locked gazes with Celeste. "Well..." he trailed off. "This is going to be difficult, considering I've never felt this way about anyone in my entire life." He began confessing his feelings, trying to read Celeste's expression as he did so. "I tried pushing these feeling away, but I can't anymore. Because of my past, I never thought anyone would be able to accept me for the burdens I might bring upon them. I was scared, but getting to know you and your roots showed me that you'd never be the kind of person to do something like that. This small crush I had on my therapist—someone I care so deeply for blossomed into so much more in the night we spend together."

"What I'm trying to say is that if you don't completely hate me after this long confession of feelings for you," Michael said, causing them both to chuckle. "Could we possibly take it slow, and see where it goes?" he asked, a sparkle in both of their eyes.

It was silent for a long moment, which caused anxious feelings to make themselves known within Michael. Celeste made her answer known by completely closing the gap between their lips in the most heartfelt yet sensual kiss. She ran her fingers through his curly, short cut Afro as the feeling of passion exploded in both of their very stomachs.

Pulling away, Michael had the biggest smile pulling on his lips as Celeste was getting ready to speak. "Is that enough of an answer for you?" she teased, causing Michael to blush.

"I didn't know that you felt that way about me, too," Michael murmured.

"I do," Celeste giggled. "But, I never admitted it to myself, because you were my client."

Michael let out a shy giggle as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, it's safe to say that our professional relationship is officially ruined."

She snorted at that, nudging his shoulder. "I think it was ruined when you went with me to the Vet," Celeste stated. "Better yet, after you followed me home and fell asleep on my couch." Michael's cheeks heated up in his embarrassment, knowing how bad that must've sounded out of context. She then reached for his hand, entwining it with hers. "But knowing that you feel the same way makes me definitely want to give this a try."

Michael smiled brightly. "Yeah?" he asked, wanting complete honesty.

Celeste nodded before covering Michael's lips in yet another kiss. This kiss sealed her words, and caused a rush of emotions to burst through them.

After showing their affection, Michael and Celeste searched each other's gazes, not being able to shake off the feeling they had for each other. Their hearts melted in ways they'd never felt before, and they were ecstatic at what was finally happening.

***

Celchael shippers, including myself, are losing everything right now. I hope you guys are happy with this one! I'm so glad to finally be able to write these cuties out together. I love you all so much, and as always, thank you for reading!