Chapter 8 - Unexpected News

Start from the beginning

We're too young for kids! If it's 'illogical' to get married at 19, then what will the people of our faction think if we're pregnant, not ever married yet, and not even twenty!

"It doesn't matter, Caleb! We have to find out. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have kids, but not yet! We have to go to the doctors, NOW!" She says, sounding stressed.

"Okay, okay. Go get in the car." I tell her, grabbing the keys.

We drive about five minutes to the nearest walk-in doctor's office. Now a days, more people own cars because town workers, mainly people from Abnegation, have fixed up the roads, so now they are easier to drive on.

"Cara." The nurse calls out to the waiting room.

We stand and walk towards the nurse.

"Follow me."

Once we get to room eighteen she knocks, then opens the door.

"Take a seat here." She tells Cara, patting the bed in the room.

"What is your relation to Cara, sir." She asks, looking at me.

"I'm her fiancée." I reply.

"Okay then. Cara what seems to be the problem?"

"I think I'm pregnant, but I'm not sure."

"I see. Are you and your Fiancé okay answering some questions? They may be kind of uncomfortable to talk about."

"Um, yeah sure." I reply, and she nods in agreement.

"When was the last time you were sexually active?" The nurse asks.

"A... a few months ago." Cara hesitantly replies, her face turning a shade of light crimson.

The first time we had sex was the night after I proposed. That was the only time we ever did.

Looking at me the nurse asks,"Was protection used?" She asks in a non-accusing way that surprises me a little.

"Of course, yes." I say because I did use protection. I am so freaking confused right now.

"Cara, have you been sick lately? Like, stomach cramps, vomiting, mood swings, any kind of pains?"

"I have thrown up the past few mornings, my stomach has felt weird, I've had horrible headaches, and some weird mood swings."

"Look. I'm going to have you take a test just in case, because you do sound like your pregnant." The nurse says handing her a little cup.

"Just go to the bathroom and bring the cup back here." The nurse tells her.

"Okay." She says, choking on the words a little.

She takes the cup from the nurse and heads down the hall.

I sit in uncomfortable silence with the nurse writing on her clipboard feverishly for a few minutes, the scratching if the pen on the paper making me sweat.

"I'm sure that you probably have come to the conclusion that she is pregnant, and she does seem to have all the symptoms of being pregnant. You two are just so young." The nurse looks up from her clipboard sympathetically at me.

Before I could reply, Cara comes back in and hands her the cup.

"I'll be back with the results in ten or so minutes." The nurse says,then leaves.

I hop up onto the exam table next to Cara and wrap her in a tight embrace right before she starts sobbing. I start to cry myself, my tears falling off my cheeks onto her short, blonde hair.

"Please don't leave me." She begs looking into my eyes with her crisp, green ones.

"I would never leave you, Cara. We created this baby together, so we will be its parents together." I tell her putting my hand over her stomach where there most likely is a tiny fetus beginning to grow.

"We'll get through this together." I conclude, kissing the top of her head.

"Can we get married before it's born?" She asks.

"Whatever you desire is what I desire."

"How did it take me this long to realize I haven't had my period in like, two months?" She says in utter annoyance with herself.

Before I can tell her to stop being so hard on herself, the nurse comes back into the room holding a clipboard.

"The test came back positive. You two are going to be parents. Your about a few weeks pregnant, Cara. You're approximately a month and a half or so along, but only a gynecologist could determine that specifically." She says.

"Than-k you." I manage to stutter out.

"I recommend making an appointment with a gynecologist soon to get more information and proper care for the baby. Have a good day." She says then leaves.

We just sit there, at the doctors crying in each others embrace.

A/N-

Hi humans!

So kind of a boring chapter. I really don't hate Caleb, and he is never going to have an evil role in this fanfic, so if you hate him, then your going to have to suffer with it because he will be mentioned and used to tell this fanfic.

Thanks for reading!

COMMENT!

AND

VOTE!

AND

BE BRAVE <4