Off We Go

I drove to the airport anxiously.

I didn't know what to expect as I pulled up the parking lot. I hadn't seen Marcus in so long. I wondered if he had changed. Hopefully he'd changed his fuckboy ways...

I went inside and everyone was there with their significant other. Immediately the regret hit me over the head.

I even saw people I didn't know. This was giving me major anxiety. Some random girl handed me a brochure.

Couples Retreat.
Come with your partner or spouse and have the time of your life. No kids, no distractions!
Centered around challenges to enhance your relationship and conditions that will push your love life to the fullest!

I groaned. How am I supposed to do couples challenges by myself? I turned the page and saw different pictures a man and woman in the pool together kissing under waterfall. (Ugh. So cliché) another was of a couple in bed together and lastly of a couple dancing together under the moonlight.

Jasmin and Jacob sat in the main lobby directing people to the tickets and waiting area. We mingled a little bit.

"So how's it going?" I casually asked.

"Good. Guess who you'll be rooming with?!" Jasmin said, getting right to the point.

"Who?" I said nervously.

"Marcus!"

I wanted to throw up right there. My stomach turned into knots.

"No! Can I change this? Please?!"

"Rules are rules. Singles go with singles. What type of program would it be if we paired up married men with single women?" Jacob chuckled. I scowled.

I immediately pushed everyone out of my away to go find Marcus and change this some kind of way.

"There you are!" I said in an unfriendly way.

"Yeah," he groaned. "Glad to be rooming with you."

"Should be fun, " I said halfheartedly. "Actually, I'm going to be frank. I don't want to room with you.

"Its literally the last thing I'd want to do." He said, continuing our back and forth argument.

"Same here you jerk. I don't want to hear the sound of you pleasing yourself on a daily! Since you can't seem to get a girlfriend!" I retorted.

I was not mistaken. Marcus was the same jerk I had known all throughout middle School and high school. And the same one I just so happened to like.

About 30 minutes later, they announced that our plane was going to be leaving soon. We had to get ready to board or else we'd be left behind.

"Sit with your partner or roommate so we can count the partners for dinner."

I groaned louder.

×