Ch. 17 Dad's story

Lucy's POV
(Not as long but, I thought it was pretty good sorry for leaving you for 2 weeks)

Did I hear the officer right?

John Mathews?

"Officer I think you got it wrong my dad and mom are dead" I say surely.

The man that came out of the van walked over to us. He had brown hair and chocolate colored eyes.

"Lucy" He whispered once he was near.

"Dad?" I questioned.

He just nodded his head.
Even though he left me he was still my dad.

"I missed you so much" I said pulling him into my embrace.

"Honey I'm sorry I left you" He said with tears falling.

"Dad as long as you are here now everything is okay" I told him.

"Aw" Jerome cooed

"Is this Jerome?" Dad asked

"Yup" I replied

"He looks like a charming young man" Dad complimented

Jerome's pale face suddenly turned red. I held my breath not wanting to laugh but, of course I failed.

I laughed and laughed until I was rolling on my stomach.

"Alright Alright" Jerome said still embarrassed

"Lucy how old are you right now?" Dad asked.

"I just turned 18" I replied a little sad that he didn't even know my birthday.

"Oh no" He whispered

"Let's go in" He said

He shoved us in the house and looked back at his officers.

"It's time" He announced.

They all nodded and had a scared but determine look on their faces.

"Bring Lachlan in" He told his men

As we got in my dad waited for his officers to bring Lachlan in.

"Stay out and guard" He told them.

They saluted him and headed.
My dad slammed the door and put Lachlan on a chair. He then went into the living room and made us all sit on the floor with him.

"Okay I know it seems very weird but, they are coming" Dad whispered.

"Who are they?" I questioned.

"The survivors. They are a terrorist group and the only thing they want is revenge. Revenge on the guy that killed their leaders." Dad explained.

He held his hand up to silence us.

"At the end" He said

"I was the man that killed their leaders. So I faked my death. They didn't know about it but, I was at a risk so I decided to go find them and see who their next victim was. Believe it or not they still wanted me dead but, I was already dead so the decided to bring the whole family" He explained.

"I came back to warn your mother but, she already knew ahead of the time. But, we had you so it was even more complicated. There was no other choice she also faked her death and we left you alone. We spied on the house for weeks and then we saw a survivor at the door. You were old enough to help yourself so we had to let you be alone. The sorta good thing about the survivors is that they don't hold a grudge against little kids so that's why we left you. They stood and watched you for 3 weeks thinking we would come back for our kid if we weren't really dead" He paused to get air.

"They still hold a grudge against me so they are waiting for you to turn 18 and then they would attack. When you had gone and moved to Australia they lost you until a traitor got money and found out where you were and that traitor was Ashley" Dad said

"We heard news that they attack was next week" Dad said slowly.

"What do we do?" I asked scared.

"I don't know but, I will do anything to protect my baby" He said

"Where's mom?" I asked shaking.

Jerome wrapped a blanket around me and I smiled at him.

Dad face grew dark,
"I don't know. One day she wanted to go spy for the survivors but, she has never came back. The survivors usually make the death public. The police department never found her and they didn't find her body which is weird." He whimpered.

Just then one of his guard came in and he held a note in his hand.

"Sir," his voice sounded shaky.

"A member of the survivor just came and threw this note and told us it was for Lucy" He said

He handed me the note and headed out.

I held the note in shaky hand and looked at dad. He nodded.

The note read,
Lucy Mathews you are now 18z. Oh and tell us hi to your DAD John we know he is alive. I bet he told you all about us. The thing he doesn't know is that we have Susan. Yes we have your mom. We also have Josh, you probably don't know but, they took your brother Josh with them when they left YOU alone. Don't you see Lucy they don't love you like they love Josh. Your just the bait that they need to lure us out and we are going to take that bait. Have fun with the little time you have but, be ready. We don't want you any more its your dad since he is alive so he is now our target. You have amazing friends but, they won't die for you will they?

-Survivors