.02

Hot Chocolate
_________________

It reminds Liam of every good thing that comes along with the harsh winter; just sitting with Niall and sipping hot chocolate by the crackling fire. They do this when it's too cold outside, when the snow is falling too fast and the wind is blowing too hard. The process, as wild as it may sound, slows time down and also speeds it up, all at once.

And maybe it's the way that Niall's cheeks adopt this little pink glow when he attempts to cool down the liquid, the color resembling a slight blush. Or, perhaps it's the way he giggles when the marshmallows floating on top of the drink tickle his nose.

Either way, Liam thinks that Niall is the most beautiful person to have ever tasted the sweet beverage.

Even as they lay down, late at night, with the covers cocooned tightly around Liam, who is cocooned tightly around niall, the brown-eyed boy can still feel the press of his boyfriend's cold fingertips on his warm skin. One hand is always at his hip, rubbing over the skin there, soothingly, as the other holds his mug of hot chocolate.

If you were to ask Liam what exactly he thinks of hot chocolate, he would more than likely tell you that it's just another drink associated with the colder seasons.

Because Niall is what makes it so enjoyable.