.14

A winter to remember
___________________

       When it came to Niall and Liam's wedding day, everything went exactly as expected. It was snowing, just as Niall had planned, and the snowflakes were infrequent and small so that they wouldn't bother the guests that attended the ceremony.

       If anything, it made everything all that more magical.

       Niall had little white speckles of the stuff in his hair, and Liam was mesmerized. Never in his life had he seen something so utterly beautiful.

       The blond had on a dark grey suit with a pink rose pinned to the right pocket, which brought out the soft rosy color of his lips. And his eyes— oh, his eyes— were bluer than any ocean that Liam had ever had the pleasure of beholding. Everything about Niall was just perfect.

       After the "I do's," the couple sealed their promise with a beautiful and romantic kiss. Tears of happiness trailed down the newly weds' cheeks as they held each other tightly, the sound of cheers and gleeful sobs close by.

       Their honeymoon was the best part. Niall and Liam stayed snuggled together by the fireplace of their small vacationing cabin, reveling in the fact that they were finally as close as they could possibly be.

       They had never been happier to belong to each other.

       Their hands never separated that night, and Niall's head stayed glued to it's usual spot in the crook of Liam's neck. Like always, the brown-eyed boy's free hand was used to rub over his lover's hip bone, his fingers tracing various patterns over the untainted, fair skin.

       Yes, they had endured their fair share of arguments and disagreements, but none of that mattered in that fantastic moment when they both became each other's completely. All of the bumps and cracks led up to a beautiful marriage and ended in a lonely cabin in the middle of the woods, which echoed with the sounds of snow crunching under leather boots and red cardinals singing their songs from high a top the pines.