Chapter Six

Anastasia's POV

Making my way down the steps to the pack cells, the familiar scent of blood and sweat hit me. Theo cringed some at the smell, me on the other hand, it didn't bother at all. I've been used to the potent smell for many years now. We made it to the bottom of the steps and I grabbed a torch to help light the way.

As we made our way through the cells looking for the rogue we'd taken a while back, one of the men in a cell to my right had made a move to grab my arm. Theo snarled at the man, making him cower away. I simply moved out of the way and kept walking.

Finally, coming up to the right rogues cell, I held my hand open for the keys and Theo plopped them into my hand. Handing Theo the torch, I turned and opened the cell, peering in. The rogue was sitting on the  ground against the back wall of the cell. Our presence was known, as he glared up at us.

     I walked over to the rogue and grabbed him by his neck, dragging him along side of me out of his cell. He growled and I rolled my eyes internally, they still try to act as though they are in a position of power, when they've actually just been pulled from a holding cell. It's laughable honestly.

I continued walking with the rogue grumbling by my side and Theo in tow. There's a room near the entrance of the pack cell steps that's cleaner and used for interrogations. I push the door to it open once we got there and pushed the rogue in first. I nodded at Theo to lock the door and continued on to cuff the rogue to the table that's cemented to the ground. I sat across from him with Theo standing in the corner behind me.

     I'd mind linked the pack tech crew to put together a folder on him right after we'd caught him. They got a decent picture of him and had started with a facial recognition scan first and went from there. Theo and I stopped to grab it before heading this way.

"I have all your information in this folder Conner. You're young and shouldn't be running around with rogues, getting yourself killed most likely. I'm only here to collect information, but if you test me I will not hesitate to use other tactics in getting what I want."  I finished lowly.

He paled a bit at that. His forehead covered in a sheet of sweat and I could practically taste the fear coming off him as I plopped a folder with his name and a picture of him on it, onto the table in front of him. I waited briefly before starting in on questioning him.

"Connor, you do know that coming onto another packs territory without any form of consensus is punished to the extreme, if not by death right?" I asked firmly.

He nodded his head solemnly, so I continued, "What pack were you previously from?". I leaned back a bit, this chair was so uncomfortable.

Connor looked down towards the table in silence. I waited for a minute or so before getting slightly impatient. "Connor, you have ten seconds exactly to answer or I'll have to reside to using an assortment of silver tools on you" I said with a deep growl settling in the back fo my throat.

He looked back up at that, "Go ahead"  he said. I could see the challenge in his eyes, but what amused me was I could still smell his fear.

His attempts at hiding it were fruitless. I stood slowly and shook my head. He's young and I hate that I have to fallback on any torture tactics for him, but I'm in charge of keeping this pack safe and will do what's necessary.

"That's not what I was hoping you'd say Connor" I said lowly.

Theo mind linked me,  'Relax, he'll break easily Ana. Just scare the boy some okay'

I turned towards Theo and nodded, watching him make his way across the room to a closet we use to keep the silver weapons and tools in there. He pulled out a silver knife, using a pair of leather gloves. I grabbed it, ignoring the burning and stalking towards Connor.

Raising the knife near his left cheek, I pressed down hard enough to hear the hiss of the contact. He growled and tried ripping his hands from his cuffs. After a minute or so, I removed the knife from his face and took a step back to look at him.

"Connor, I don't want to do this to you, but I need answers. Is someone influencing the rogues?" I said firmly. He only growled at me more.

'Ana, he's terrified. I think there's more to this than just some rogues getting dirty'    Luna said.

I agreed with her and stuck the silver knife in his right thigh. He screamed, loud too.

I could feel Lunas discomfort but understanding with hurting this boy, but I had to give him a taste of what's it like being a rogue. Hopefully after all this he finds a pack or at least his mate to help him.

I turned towards Theo and blew out an exasperated breathe, running my hands over my face. Theo looked at me knowingly, sympathy clear in his eyes. Theo knows I hate doing this to kids. And although Connors still only a kid, he's gotten himself stuck around the wrong kind. There's only so much I can do to help the boy. So I put on the nastiest glare I could muster, extending my canines and turned back around stalking over to Connor, eyes glowing.

'This better work'  I prayed to the moon goddess.
  'It will'   Luna said encouragingly.

I bent down slowly so I was at eye level with him, I could feel Luna making even more of an appearance as my voice lowered. 

"Connor, for your sake I suggest you answer my questions and at the least you'll get to live. Otherwise it'll be out of my control to help you. I know there's more going on than the other rogues want us to think."    I finished with a snarl that slightly shook the room.

Connors face paled even more, if possible, and nodded. Letting us know that he'll cooperate. So I gently grabbed onto the knife and carefully pulled it out of his thigh. He hissed, holding his breath. After it was completely out he let go a breath of relief. I turned to Theo, handing him the now bloody knife, mind linking him,

'Mind link Beta Ron to meet us outside here after we're done please'   I said relieved.

I then turned and sat back down at the table, across from a very pale Connor.

"Okay, I need you to answer all my questions and we'll go from there. Got it?"  I said in a firm but gentle voice.

He nodded and leaned forward with a wince. He motioned for the folder, which I slid it over to him. He opened it and after scanning its contents he looked up at me and started pointing to different pictures telling me who they were. I wrote the details down on the side of each picture.

Connor slowly pointed to another photo but this one was of a single man on the phone. He was a bit more built for just a rogue and looked nasty, cold.

"This is the guy that sent me and the other rogues here that day you caught me. He's the one in charge. However, he does get calls every so often from the same number."   He said a little above a whisper.

"What's his name?"  I asked, curiosity and confusion lacing my tone.

"His name...is Nekane..."

____________________________________________________________

Dang that was intense!!! 😅 This time around we didn't get to see Lucien's POV, but don't worry! I promise you will soon!

The guys name Nekane, is pronounced ( NEH-KAH-NEH ). Weird I know but it sounds evil 😈 Vote, comment and let me know what you guys think! 💭 As you know I'm new to this so some feedback would definitely be greatly appreciated!!!