Chapter Three

Lucien's POV

I was finishing up some last minute paperwork when a knock sounded at my door. Already knowing it's Thorin from the scent, I tell him to come in before he can even knock. I stopped writing and looked up expectantly, waiting for him to speak. 

"Alpha, we received a message from the Silver Moon Pack. They will arrive later than the scheduled arrival time, as they are having a rogue problem." He finished cooly.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. Well I don't have time to waste so I guess I should help them and get to training as quick as possible. There are other pressing matters I must tend to afterward.

"Thorin, rally up ten warriors. Have them packed and ready to go by nightfall, we leave for Silver Moon territory."  I said with a slight annoyance in my tone.

"Is everything okay Lucien?" He asked with a brow raised.

"It will be. We'll head over there and lend them a hand in their rogue troubles. I have a schedule to keep and have no time for waiting around."  I said annoyed and huffed.

After training them is over I can breathe a little better knowing I've knocked another important task off my calendar. After speaking with Thorin, I excused him and headed towards my bedroom in need of a quick nap.

Waking up to an alarm I'd set on my phone, I sat up on my bed and turned it off. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I stand and stretch. After packing a duffel for the trip to the Silver Moon Pack, I hopped into a soothingly hot shower. As I was thinking about the rogues towards the Silver Moon Pack, Xavier decided to make an appearance.

'Maybe we'll find our mate while we're there!' Xavier said excitedly in my head as I rolled my eyes at him and lathered myself in soap.

He knows that the chances of us having a true mate were minimal to none. I wasn't your average wolf, I was different in many ways. From my wolfs appearance to his different qualities he has. I only allow my pack to see my wolf for I trust them with my life, but only my pack. I had slipped up once while on a run and someone from another pack had seen me, frantic and frightened he had gone to spread rumors of an Alpha who transformed into a monster. He's not exactly wrong.

   'Xavier, enough. Stop getting your hopes up okay'. I said lowly, hating how he and I both longed for a mate but understand why we can't have one.

It was quite lonely for Xavier and I at times, but we always kept each other strong and moving. I focused a lot on my pack and making a better home for them each and everyday. We've all been through hell and back together and they're very much like family to me.

'I know, I know. I just can't help it. If our mates our there, the day we find her we're not letting her go. No matter what' He said lowly with finality.

'We'll see Xavier, we'll see'   I said barely above a whisper.

I finished with my shower and got dressed in some dark denim jeans and a black v-necked T-shirt. Throwing my black combat boots on I made my way out of my room with my duffel in hand. Making it downstairs I was met with the ten warriors I had requested to come. I nodded at them and made my way to my truck. As I checked to see that everyone was ready and situated in the two other black SUVs, I peeled out of the driveway and towards Silver Moon territory.

Anastasia's POV

I was in the middle of training with the other warriors and teaching them some new techniques when one of the younger warriors who was summoned by Marcus a few minutes ago returned in a run. He made it to me and waited til I was done talking to the others to speak.