34.

When Paul eventually woke up, he felt as though he had slept for months. He wasn't sure whether or not it was due to the fact that his bed felt unnaturally soft or the fact that for once, his broken set of blinds seemed to have somehow aligned themselves well enough to block out most of the sunlight from streaming onto his face but whatever it was, Paul was grateful for it.

Stretching out a bit Paul rubbed at his eyes before he froze, registering the weight of what felt suspiciously like an arm resting across his hip and a soft, tickling sensation on his neck. The weight was ice cold.

He let out a squeak and jolted into a sitting position, causing the owner of the arm to groan slightly before they rolled over and it was all that Paul could do to prevent himself from screaming when he realised that he seemed to have been laying in bed with Chris Cerulli. His local goth guy hot guy. And they had been cuddling.

While Paul's memories came flooding back and he continued to gay panic, Chris yawned then sat up and rubbed at his eyes before side glancing down at Paul.

"Morning darling," he said, his voice coming out even lower and groggy with sleep which only provoked another squeak from Paul. Chris blinked sleepily.

"We didn't have sex if that's what you're freaking about," he said and Paul slowly lay himself back down amongst the pillows then covered his face with his hands.

"That's it then," he said. "I'm well and truly diseased, aren't I?"

"Pardon?"

"I slept with a man Chris. I'm gay."

"You only wanted comfort cuddles, Paul."

"Still."

Looking as though he well and truly believed that it was too early for this, Chris swung his legs over the side of the bed and sighed heavily.

"Look darling," he said eventually, "from what you have told me, your father sounds like an emotionally abusive and manipulative dickhead who I would quite happily drain the blood from if given the opportunity. Now, I don't know what he has told you but let me assure you. Homosexuality is not a disease."

"But--"

"Tell me Paul. Do you feel sick whenever you find a male attractive?"

Twisting himself back around, Chris stared at the pink haired man who began to chew at his lip before nose exhaling.

"It makes my tummy feel weird. Sometimes," he said and Chris continued to stare then snorted

"Those are butterflies Paul, they dont count as sick. And they usually only occur when you have a crush or come within closer proximity of the attractive person," he explained, causing Paul's eyes to widen.

"A crush?" he echoed.

"That is quite often the explanation, yes."

"......Oh."

Sitting himself back up, Paul ran a hand through his hair as Chris got to his feet and pulled on a shirt.

"Feel free to rest a little longer," he said. "I'll go make breakfast."

"Okay...thank you Chris."

"You're welcome darling."

Shooting a small smile at Paul, Chris left the room and the pink haired man continued to stare at the door for a few seconds before he flopped back over and dragged a pillow over his face.

Trust him to be stupid enough to have a crush on a goddamn vampire.